Wednesday, September 10, 2014

La Jetee'


Hello there!!! I'm back from Port Aransas with the Mister. It was a beautiful and relaxing fun filled four days.... I really wish we could have stayed longer but we both had work we had to come home to (which isn't always a bad thing) especially when you love your job like I do!


Speaking of my job.... I have some interesting news that I can't wait to share with everyone! I have to wait just a tad bit longer to let "the cat out of the bag" but it's really exciting!! Eeeeeep! There are many doors opening up for me right now... which is funny because the last two weeks have been really troublesome for me emotionally and mentally. It looks like this girls luck is turning around!!


I'm standing on our favorite pier where the Mister and I watch the ships come and go. It's pretty cool to see all the HUGE tankers tuggin' away with all the little friendly dolphins swimming along side. My favorite are the little sail boats... I would love to learn how to sail someday. It's a small goal that I could totally see myself achieving. 




I was super excited to get a chance to wear this sailboat dress again that I purchased from Mod Cloth. I just adore it and it's totally appropriate to wear to the beach! 


I decided to pair the dress with my favorite "go to" red cardigan and my new shoes that I scored at Target a few weeks ago. I usually don't wear my hair so tightly pulled back but it was humid as all hell and I am growing out my bangs. They are at that "awkward" phase where I just am not quite sure what to do with them. Ha! The look ended up being cute and I was pleasantly surprised... so there you go.



I just love planning my outfits for when the Mister and I go to the beach! It seriously makes me giddy... I go crazy thinking of all the was I can style my clothes to get that "nautical look." I ended up over packing and not being able to capture a few looks that I wanted to squeeze in, but there's always next time.


I even purchased some round, white framed shades from Mod Cloth specifically for the beach but sadly they didn't make it to my house in time. It's cool though.... I have plans for them in future photo shoots. They are very retro and give off that "sixties vibe" that I can't seem to get enough of.


The Summer is winding down and there is only a few more weeks until it's "Officially Fall." Unfortunately, it won't start to cool down around here till November. I still look forward to all the Autumn and Fall traditions... such as pumpkin carving, Halloween costumes, eating or drinking anything with pumpkin spice in it and scary movies!!! There are still a few more things on my Summer "Bucket List" that I'd like to do but all in all this Summer has been one of the best that I can remember. I've grown and made a lot of changes over the course of this year.... I also became a healthier person mentally and physically since my illnesses. I've overcome a lot of obstacles and have set goals for myself that I've actually achieved. When I look back at the person I was a year ago and the person I am today it's quite shocking to see the change... mostly it's all internal. I've taken huge strides to get to be where I am now with my business, and in my personal life. I am the happiest I've been in such a long time and have my Husband Matt to thank for most of it. Gosh.... I didn't mean to get all gushy on you guys!


Thanks for stopping by my little ol' bloggy! I just love comments and responding back to them so feel free to leave one.

xoxo

Dress: Modcloth
Cardi: Target
Shoes: Target
Sunnies: Target
Earrings: Old Navy