Monday, September 15, 2014

The crop top....


Happy Monday kittens! Wow, my weekend flew by super fast. Light speed almost. I've been super busy lately with my little crochet business. I came back from vacation with a bunch of orders to fill! I can't complain... this is what I wanted.... a successful business. I have to admit... I panicked at first, but I got everything organized and dove in head first. It's exciting yet scary at the same time... I love owning my own business though. I wouldn't have it any other way.


Lets talk about this crop top! This is my first time wearing one ya'll... I never even wore one as a tiny child growing up in the 80's! I've seen other gals wear them and always thought to myself "Gee, I'd love to be able to pull that off." I never ever thought I could or would. I guess it's a small accomplishment. I fell in love with this striped crop top when I saw it at Forever 21. I liked the fact that it has long sleeves and has a high collar.... so it off sets the shortness (crop) of it. 


I think the secret to wearing a crop top (for us regular sized gals) is wearing a high waisted skirt or bottom paired with it. It covers all your lady parts while flattering your waist at the same time. I also like that you only see a sliver or hint of my stomach. Just enough.....


I also nabbed this awesome HUGE chunky chain necklace while I was there 
(which was my soul purpose for actually going to XXI). I saw it in Lucky Magazine and had to have it. I just love dressing up and accessorizing my outfits. I'm so much more into jewelry and makeup now than I ever was in the past. It's so much fun! This chunky necklace goes perfectly with my charm bracelet!  


Now that my bangs are growing out I've been paying a lot more attention to my brows... eye brows that is. Ha! I've never really had to fuss with them too much because my bangs always covered them up. Now I've been filling them in and shaping them more and they look amazing! I have four different products that I've found and use and just love. I'll have to do a mini tutorial and show ya'll what products I'm into lately. Squeeeee! 


It's so weird.... I've always had low self esteem (like majorly) but recently I've felt super confident and am actually learning to be "okay" with who I am as a woman. Why the hell did it take me 33 years to get to this point in my life? I guess I'm just a late bloomer so to speak. Better late than never I guess. Anyhow, it's awesome. It feels good.


I can't wait for the Fall weather to arrive here in Austin. We actually had a cold snap this weekend and I got a taste of Autumn. It was short lived and now it's back in the 90's.... at least it's not in the 100's anymore. I've got some amazing Fall outfits lined up and ready to go. I'm also looking forward to ALL Fall traditions including starting up our fire pit in the back yard. We just purchased a new one and are currently waiting on the cool weather and stores to start selling firewood and then it's ON! I love sitting in the backyard with The Mister, sipping on some Malbec (my favorite) reminiscing on our past adventures together. That's the best! What are some of y'alls favorite Fall traditions? 

xoxo

Crop Top: Forever 21
Skirt: J Lo (thrifted)
Purse: Vintage Coach (goodwill.com)
Shoes: Target
Gold chain: Forever 21
Charm bracelet: Claire's
Sunnies: Target