Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Our green house tour


You asked for it... so now you've got it! I've finally put together some images of the inside of our modern home so ya'll can get a feel for how "this ol' lady" lives. There's a few things we learned as we were photographing the interior of our house. 
1) That we have a plethora of windows making it almost impossible to take a picture with a flash because there are reflections everywhere...(like they are ghosts or something). 
   2) It's also impossible to take a photograph without a flash. There are many blown out images with silhouettes (aka me). Ha! We did the best we could with what we had to work with but it gives you a good idea of how we decorated our green little modern humble home.


This is our rustic bench that we found off the side of the road one day. It makes a perfect place to put out crazy overgrown aloe plants. P.S. These plants stab me whenever I get out of the car... but for some reason I still haven't moved them yet. I must like the pain....


Oh hi there! Here I am in the living room/dinning room/entry way. Did I mention we live in a very small home? When you live in a two bedroom home with no separating walls you kinda have to improvise. This is the view entering from the side of the house near the carport.... normally I wouldn't be hanging out on the couch like this but I thought I'd jump in this image for your viewing pleasure.


One of our newest plants that we just purchased from Ikea.... we love plants and also Dinosaurs.


This cardboard deer I bought for Matt as a Christmas gift from Uncommon Goods. It was way over priced for the size it was but it's been up on are wall for a good four years or so I guess we like it. 
Also, our walls are lime green.... we love color!


My new favorite corner.... I just bought these yellow/green lamps from Target on clearance and the little candle to match. The candle smells like poop so we don't light it but it looks good so there you go. Cacti is a really easy plant not to kill.... especially when they are plastic like these guys here. Matt was so mad at me when I bought these guys from Hobby Lobby back in the day but I like them because I never have to worry about them... I just have to dust them off every few years. Ha!


We got this old clock from my Grandparents house after they passed. It's the only thing I felt like I had to have.... I packed it in my suitcase and flew it back to Austin with me. 


I also have a HUGE collection of vintage cameras on display throughout the house. This one isn't too old but you get the picture. (Pun intended)


Another happy plant in the corner of our home. This guy is real!!


A view from the other side.


Some art we purchased from Etsy a few years back.


Hello again!


Our mini Ikea table. We bought this guy when we first moved to Austin... we had to get rid of most of our furniture when we moved and we needed something small to fit in the corner of our tiny one bedroom apartment at the time. 


Here I am in the TV room... this is where we spend most of our time either watching the boob tube, crocheting and reading. 



Sophie spends a lot of time sleeping here too. She tries to find that one patch of Sun coming through the window and promptly falls asleep.


Here's our Jungle of a backyard...


Lucy and me just chillin' out.


I finally hung up our artwork that we've been collecting over the years. I'm a big believer in supporting local artists so much of our pictures/paintings are from my crafty buddies and friends I've meet along the way...



No home is complete without a Star Wars shrine.


and some air plants....



Did I mention I collect vintage typewriters as well?


Some lovely art by Kelsey DeLange.


More vintage cameras and artwork by Tiny Deer Studio.


Here's the fabulous entertainment center in all it's glory!!


More cameras...


A lovely illustration by Ryan Berkley.


And this Giant Squid illustration.... 


Our little bathroom downstairs... if you're wondering our floors are just polished concrete.


I spiffed if up a bit with a side carts from Ikea and some storage jars.


Some Ikea frames & art with vintage cameras.


New hand towels rule!!!


Our kitchen.


Hopefully we will be redoing the kitchen soon with new counter tops. We will be removing the microwave (which we never use) and putting in a hood vent and adding a back splash. It should look pretty swank. 


I love our Sputnik lights!! We got these from some dudes that were moving out in our neighborhood. We got them at a really price too!



We're obsessed with chickens... we have real ones too... but I'm sure you're well aware of that since I'm always postin' about our feathered friends.



Fridge art. 


We also have a little bar stool area to eat at. We got these awesome red stools from Matt's brother. They match our red & turquoise themed colors in our kitchen.


Let's venture upstairs.... that's where the magic happens. Lol.


Little nooks in the wall provide a great place to store your junk... I mean art.


At the top of the stairs I have some lovely artwork by Lisa Chow.


The hallway to the bedroom... to the left is where our laundry magically does itself. 
Just kidding... I do it all.


Welcome to my our bedroom. It looks like an Ikea showroom... does it not? That's what happens when you move to Austin without any furniture. You drive 30 minutes to Round Rock and buy the whole store.


More artwork by Jessica Lopez of Tiny Deer Studio.


My cute little nightstand with all the books I'm currently reading at this time... it's a lot.


My hat collection and all my "blingy" things.


Moving on to the Guest bedroom. This is the one room that we decided to keep and show off some of our vintage finds other than cameras. It's kind of like a little Den if you will.


This awesome pillow that I got in a trade from Lost Little Things.


Just some of Matt's fossil collection... that's right! My boy collects arrow heads and fossils.


Where I do my blogging... hey, I'm sitting here right now!


Our master guest bathroom (we skipped ours cause it's a war zone right now)


New nautical shower curtain that I just purchased from where else.... Ikea.


Squid art for our nautical vibe.


Some light reading material for the bathroom....


Another fabulous trade from Lost Little Things.


The Husbear fixin' up our screened in porch. We just spent all our money on screens to help cut down on the sun and heat. It seriously was worth the cash and has made all the difference. We also have way more privacy too.



In the Winter we have to bring in all our tropical plants and the inside of our house become a mini Jungle. It's kinda fun.


His & Her chairs. Designed and built by Matt. I helped paint one for like a second and then I got too hot and ran inside.


Our outdoor ceiling fan. Make sure you get one that specifically states it's for the outdoors... or else they get all droopy on you. We made that mistake.


We collect sea shells each time we go to the beach and then sprinkle them in our flower pots to add a little "something special" to our dirt. Dirt can always use a little something extra if you ask me. 


We ( I should say Matt) added cotton curtains to make the porch seem more "put together"... how regal!


Our little terrarium has become over run with succulents.... there's always room for more is what I say!


Little Lucy wishing she was indoors and out of the heat.


Some shots of the outside of our house... I'll do a backyard tour when we actually get our Fall Garden put together. One step at a time....


Banana Plants are the bomb!


Our feathered friends trying to stay cool in the hundred degree weather... poor babies.


There you have it folks.... I would love answer any questions about our little green home. 
It's very important to us that we try to live "off the grid" and be as self sufficient as possible in case of the zombie apocalypse (just kidding) so feel free to shoot me over questions about our solar panels, the nest, our garden and our baby chickens. We live in a green community called Agave and pride ourselves for being one of the most unique green neighborhoods in the U.S. I hope you all enjoyed this much requested post... I can't wait to hear your comments and questions!

xoxo