Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Berry pickin'


Hey there my little lovelies! Speaking of lovelies.... check out this amazing dress that I borrowed from Sammi of The Soubrette Brunette. It seriously fits like a glove. I was worried that it wouldn't fit me up top because I'm seriously lacking shoulders.... which I've inherited from my Father's side of the family.(Thanks Dad). All that worry for nothing.... it fit perfectly! I was about to start investing in shoulder pads. Lol! 


Here we are in our little "backyard garden" pickin' some black berries. Our blackberry bush has really exploded this year and we get about a bowl full a day... which we've been saving and freezing in order to make Jelly and Jam. I'm so excited! I've never made Jam before and am eager to learn the process. We do our fair share of canning but never have tried our hand in Jam. I love picking berries.... it's therapeutic I swear. 


It feels like such an accomplishment growing and harvesting your own crop. It brings me so much joy and is really rewarding. 


I've been taking my own photographs lately to give the Husbear a break. It's hard using the remote timer... you never know what you're gonna get sometimes. Lol.... hence the soft focus.




I'm seriously in love with the cut of this dress and the adorable collar with red piping. Anytime I get to wear red lipstick and throw on a scarf is fine by me. I love the color red now.... which is funny because I used to hate it. It's interesting to see how much my style has grown and changed in the past few months. Sometimes I look back at older outfit post and think... "Dear God, what was I thinking?" 



I love our backyard. It's like our little oasis full of tropical banana plants that are growing sky high and pampas grass that blows in the wind. I love to go outside with the fur babies (Sophie and Lucy) and visit with the chickens.



I love my little $8 wedges that I scored at Target. 


Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends... now it's back to work for me. I have a bunch of orders that I need to complete and ship on out and wedding pictures to edit. Thanks for stopping by.

xoxo

Dress: Borrowed from Sammi
Scarf: Hobby Lobby
Wedges: Target
Earrings: Old Navy