Monday, October 20, 2014

Little miss green thumb....


Happy Monday kittens! This is actually another old photo shoot that has never been seen... well maybe just one on Instagram. I'm bringing it out of the archives and dusting it off just for your viewing pleasure. I have to say... I wasn't quite happy with the way the images came out which is why I never posted them... but looking back at them now I have to say that I think I'm my own worst critic. I'm really picky and harsh on myself and sometimes I just need to learn to be okay with me. I mean these images are perfectly fine. They are honestly adorable.... I just need to learn to love myself a little bit more... flaws and all. 


What I am liking is this sweet little tomato cardigan that I borrowed from Sammi of The Soubrette Brunette. This photo shoot was taken in the heat of Summer so I was trying hard to "play it cool"... I'm so glad the weather is finally starting to cool off even if it is still in the high 80's it's a lot better than the 100's. I'm so looking forward to more Fall colored clothing and trends to come this Season. I've been MIA this past week trying to get some crocheting done but it always seems like there is something I have to either drop off (shipments) or pick up (plaques, yarn, stain etc). I swear... the majority of the time I'm running around when I should be producing. I'm a little scared of how I'm going to manage three Christmas Shows on top of keeping up with supplying stock for all my stores in Austin, Dallas, Houston and in Ohio. Whew! I'm learning a lot though... and business just keeps getting better. I feel like I should be saving more but there are always bills to pay.  


As you can see from the reflection in the glass that I was using a tripod... Oops! It's so much harder and takes way longer to capture you own images. I love it when The Mister helps me out and snaps a few... but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. It was totally appropriate to be wearing this tomato cardi because this was when our little backyard garden was producing loads and loads of them! We had more tomato's than we knew what to do with... I love tomato's so I was quite alright with it myself. Now I wish we had planted more in our Fall garden... sadly we have none. However we do have a ton of Basil which I love. I'm totally going to can a bunch more pesto sauce and give them out as Christmas gifts. Perfecto!


I think over the next few months I'll be concentrating more on my business and less on blogging so you may only be seeing one post a week for awhile. This is when shit gets real and your friends know that you're not going to be seeing them till the New Year. That's the way life is in the crafting world. Oh snap!!! I don't think I announced that I was interviewed for Knitting Daily TV on PBS. It's a small little interview that will most likely be edited down to roughly two minutes or less but it should be airing in the Spring hopefully if everything goes right. More on that later....


Hope everyone is having an excellent start to their work week. Does anyone have any awesome Holiday plans for Halloween or Thanksgiving? I'll be spending my Thanksgiving in Houston with some dear crafty friends and their family. We will both be attending Pop Shop Houston's Christmas Show which we are all super stoked about. The Mister and I aren't going to do anything for Halloween this year... last year I threw a huge party and spent a small fortune on food, booze, decorations and costumes. This year we are keeping it low key... we didn't even get the decorations out from the crawl space and we totally plan on locking the doors and turning off our porch lights for Beggars Night. It's sad but the kids in our neighborhood are crazy scary and super aggressive. They totally snatch the candy right out of your hands and keep trying to come back for more like you're not supposed to recognize them or something... they're so bad! 

xoxo
Cardigan: Borrowed from Sammi
Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Kohls
Scarf: Hobby Lobby