Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March on Instagram...



It's hump day y'all! I can't believe March is over and April has begun.... this month flew by so fast! I have to say, March has been pretty good to me and the Mister. We've gotten a lot accomplished and are very pleased with ourselves. Let's take a look back in time and see what happened in March shall we? I made some adorable Marshmallow Amigurumi plushie toys and published the free pattern online for all to enjoy. I think they turned out pretty cute. My new goal was to try to gear my blog towards more crafty fun DIY projects and focus less on fashion. I will still throw some fun clothes on in the mix every now and then. 


Le Husband made me an awesome frame and wooden tools for me to practice my weaving skills on! I'm so excited... I haven't found the time to really start anything as of yet but am planning a beautiful wall hanging for our sweet little home. 


In other news... I've been dreaming about Spring and Summer! Which means... I've been working on my tan with the help of Banana Boat self tanner as well as powdered bronzer. I also purchased a HUGE pair of new sunnies and a citrus purse and can't wait to use these fun nail decorations! On a side note... I've been enjoying the rewards of all my hard workout sessions and am thinner and happier than ever. I've been using crest whitening strips and splurged and got my hair did in a sweet little ombre'. I'm all set for this Spring and Summer!!!


I shared this cute and cuddly cacti on the blog and referenced one of my absolute favorite crafty crochet guru's of all time. 


I took a bunch of images of "behind the scenes" of my little crochet company so that all of you can see what it's like in the day and life of me. It crochet all day, everyday. When it's not crochet it's staining plaques and shipping out orders and participating in shows. 


Sophie is my constant shadow... she is there with me all day soaking up the sun and driving me crazy. There are some peaceful moments that we share like this one here....


Showing a detail of how I attach the eye roundies.


My work station. I pretty much work from my living room were I can watch the dogs and Netflix all day. I use my studio for all the hard wear work such as staining, drilling, mounting and packaging up orders to ship out. It's come a long way from were it used to be and I think the Mister and I finally figured out what works best for my little business.


We visited our local Farmers Market and got to sample local goods... I love getting out in our community and supporting local farmers and small businesses. It's really important to us and to the growing economy as well as community. 


I went to the new Ladybird Market at Cherrywood Coffeehouse and documented the first month. I chatted it up with all the vendors and had some really delicious food. It was a beautiful day!


Sharing some adorable Hippo and Rhino taxi heads that I designed, made and will be selling at some exciting upcoming shows!



Sophie decided to help the Mister and I with our herb garden diy. She is such a horrible gardener. Lol! This DIY is soon to come on the bloggy....


When I make my taxi heads I try to at least make three or four of the same heads during one sitting. I feel it's more efficient and helps keep my work consistant. 


These little cuties are actually jellyfish. Yup, there are about three different stages to getting my jellyfish to look like jellies. First I make a ball shape, then I add the ruffle skirt and then the tentacles are sewn in. Voila! They are almost just as cute as little balls! Ha!


Mr. Giraffe got an upgraded look by me switching up the color a bit and changing up the plaque. I think he looks pretty swell.


Unicorn's are always a popular choice. I love making them in all sorts of fun colors!


I love Lucy's tiny little back paws. They always kick around while she has puppy dreams. It's the little things in life I try to remember and cherish....


I made a ton of Deer heads for the upcoming shows but I have a feeling I'll have to make a bunch more... they do go really fast!


Spring is finally here in Austin and there are wild flowers all over the place. I especially love these wild ones that grow near our house.... 


Lastly, I threw in an outfit post to complete my March posts. I still adore fashion and especially love this new skirt I bought... I just couldn't resist. That about wraps it up for March. I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek into my fun little world. Hope everyone is having a fabulous work week.

xoxo