Monday, June 22, 2015

Behind the scenes of Nothing but a Pigeon...


Why hello there! I recently did some very fun things. First, I attended Pop Shop Houston once again and then I also participated in an Austin Craft Riot takeover of their Instagram account. I had a lot of fun documenting not only my trip to Houston but also a large part of my crochet business Nothing but a Pigeon that many of you all don't get to see on a day to day basis. 








I had way too much fun taking images during Pop Shop Houston's Spring Show.... I even got in a few selfie's.










I also thought it would be fun to take a few images of my Studio that my very talented Husband designed and built for me. He is currently working on a beautiful Farm Table for our Dining room (more on that later). Some of these images are of me working inside the Studio and then a few fun ones that I used for the Austin Craft Riot IG takeover.



I also wanted to touch on a very important project that I've been working on, my very own crochet pattern book that's due to come out in 2016!





I also think it's kinda neat to show everyone what materials that I use and how things actually look before my little critters get constructed and all put together. I'm also helping teach a Photo 101 class for Austin Craft Riot with Chelsea Laine Francis on the 27th of this month... hence the little photo set up I've got going on above. It's super easy to create beautiful and clean photo's using natural light and a simple white background. More on that later.....


Lastly, this was my "peace out" post from my Austin Craft Riot takeover. This is the first ever taxidermy critter that I attempted to crochet. He is a little sad and pathetic but I love him and what he represents... my skills have definitely improved but I like to keep him close to me to remind me of my humble beginning.

xoxo