Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fun in the sun...


Hi there! Well, it's officially Summer. School's out and the morning traffic has died down.... thankfully. It's crazy hot here and I'm ready to jump head first into Barton Springs! No seriously... I am. I decided to take yesterday off work and enjoy downtown Austin. I met up with the adorable and delightful Chelsea of Chelsea Laine Francis. We pretty much run in the same circle of friends so it was only natural that we should finally meet and hang out. We are actually helping teach a little Photo 101 session for Austin Craft Riot later on this Month so we needed to coordinate our notes and presentation. We pretty much just sat and chatted it up at Caffe Medici for more than a good hour. Ha! 


Random side note: Our Palm is blooming and it's sooo beautiful!!


To kill some time I visited my old favorite boutique So La. I purchased some gold hammered hoop earrings and a lovely ring and picked up my bestie Christopher and went to eat at Elizabeth Street Cafe' a super hip and new Vietnamese restaurant. It was delicious and I always have fun talking to Christopher about all the gossip and drama going on and in our lives. It's nice to be able to unwind with a good friend. 


There's something else that's official too! I have finally reached my final goal weight of 115. The last 3lbs were really hard to loose but I did it with a lot of hard work and determination. Oh.... and some sweat and tears too. I've wanted this so bad for so long and now that I have obtained it, it feels fucking amazing! Turns out I learned a lot about myself along the way, and it's not really even about what the scale says but rather that I had a goal and crushed it!! I know I'm healthy physically and mentally and that's all I can really ask for. 


I haven't been able to fit in these jeans (size 4) in about over 5 years or so! I've kept them this whole time hoping and wishing that I'd someday loose all the weight (24 lbs) and once again fit back into them and that day has finally come. I'm not sure if I should be wearing this crop top with these low rise jeans (there's probably a rule against that) but I honestly don't care. I'm just going to enjoy this moment....


and here comes a cool breeze......





This weekend is going to be jam packed. I decided that I have too many taxidermy heads left over from The Little Craft Show and I must get rid of them. Last minute I applied for Pop Shop America in Houston and thankfully got a spot. Whew! I would love to make some more money to last me through the Summer. Like always, I'll be with my favorite crafty Momma Bri Ussery of The Good Hippie and her amazing wife Amanda and adorable daughter Hannah. We'll be staying with her parents Laura and Bob Kalish who I pretty much consider to be my new adopted Parents. Ha! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Follow along on Instagram for all the behind the scene action. 

xoxo

Jeans: Old Navy
Crop Top: Target
Sunnies: A-Town
Earrings: So La
Ring: So La