Monday, June 8, 2015

The Flea Market


Hey there kittens! It's Monday and I'm super excited about this week and my upcoming show this weekend in Houston! I didn't think I'd be able to swing it with all the stress of writing down patterns for my booky wooky but turns out I can! I have soooo many taxi heads left over from The Little Craft Show in Arkansas so I figured why not right? I love the Pop Shop America Shows and have always had great success selling my work in Houston. I also have become really close to my dear friend 
Bri Ussery of The Good Hippie's parents. They literally accepted me into their home and lives with open arms... they are truly kind humans and I can't wait to see them and catch up! 
So this is kind of a different post... my girl friend and awesome neighbor Gina and I took a little trip to the Flea Market off of 290 in Austin, Texas to see what it was all about. I was pleasantly surprised by all the fabulous and colorful treasures we found. Check it out....


These adorable house aprons in various colors and patterns as far as the eye can see....


Does this come in my size please? How can you not swoon over these amazing embriodered cotton dresses? I love them all......


These fun dish towls all ready to be hand embroidered! Look at all that colorful floss!!!



Huarache sandals in pretty much any color your little heart desires!


Leather cow boy boots for boys and gals.


Have you ever had a cactus salad? Well, you haven't lived until you try this amazing dish. Here's a recipie if you're interesed here.


In the market for a parakeet? Then you're in luck because there are cages and cages of these little fellows.


It was a good day at the Flea Market.... I saw a lot and ended up buying these beautiful Mexican blankets and a random set of scrunchies. Ha! I always love to try new things and explore Austin. It was a little bit of a culture shock but I welcome all new experiences. Everyone was terribly nice and sweet to us while we tried to communicate in what little Spanish we knew. We all laughed and giggled as we pointed at what we wanted and asked the price of the items. It is Texas after all and I love the history and diversity that comes with living in the South. I hope everyone had a delightful weekend. I ended up doing a lot of canning. We have a blackberry bush in our backyard that has exploded. We get about a large Tupperware bowl full a day now and have been freezing them. I recently have been Pinning all sorts of blackberry recipes and have successfully made and canned blackberry jam and am planning on making blackberry frozen yogurt and sorbet which is pretty simple to make and only takes four ingredients. I'll also be making blackberry pie and blackberry cobbler and freezing them so they keep for awhile. Gina has a peach tree that has really started to produce massive amounts of peaches so we have been trading fruit which is a win win situation! More on these blackberry recipes later....

xoxo