Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blooming cacti...


I've finally settled down into my usual weekly routine. It's always a little hard to get back into the mix of things after a long weekend show. You aren't eating your typical everyday food that you'd normally  be eating, nor are you on a regular sleeping schedule either. Everything just gets kinda "out of whack." It's good to be back in my own home and the comforts that come with being in your own surroundings....


This last weekend was kind of a BIG deal for me emotionally. It's not a huge deal to some people (traveling long distances on their own) but for me it surly is.... I don't even like to get in my car and drive around Austin so driving 8-9 hours from Austin to Arkansas was a true test of what I'm able to actually accomplish and do on my own. It's true, I was following my friends Bri and Lauren that were in the car ahead of me and I also had the help of GPS but it was still a monumental milestone for me. I'm that kinda nervous creature that cringes at the mere thought of getting behind the wheel of a car but force myself to an rare occasions. I did take a little detour in Dallas and strayed away from my pack for a good 15-20 minutes but managed to find my way back. Also, Dallas is literally the worst city to drive in if you are a scared little mess like I am! The Highways and turn offs are so badly designed and people will cut you off left and right. It was a wee bit nerve wrecking.... but I survived.



For my road trip I downloaded the Audio Book "Wild", the story of Cheryl Strayed's 1,100 mile solo journey across the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). It was a perfect fit for my own little journey I myself was about to take. I was already on a wonderful and very inspirational high after watching the movie "Tracks" and being completely moved and shaken by the story of Robyn Davidson's 1,700-mile trek across the deserts of Australia using camels. I love a strong female character don't you? The movie "Wild" however was a HUGE disappointment. There was so much left out and unexplained that it nearly broke my heart. "Tracks" on the other hand was unbelievably beautiful and I highly
 recommend it!


On a side note.... our cacti is in full bloom right now. Everyone's in the neighborhood is in fact. It's so beautiful. This dress is one of those impulse buys that happened. I'm glad though, it's perfect for this Summer. After all that rain and flooding it's back to typical hot Texas weather. I went on a jog yesterday and today and could barely stick to my regular 10 minute mile. I forgot how hot and humid it can get here. 


This coming weekend is going to be busy as well. I have my BFF's Baby Shower on Saturday that I'm helping host and the Husbear is working the "Cool Homes Tour" on Sunday. I wanted to get some much needed work done on the house but once again we're gonna have to push it back another week. I have so many projects that I'd love to tackle right now but not nearly enough time. 



I have however finally manage to move all my boxes full of taxi heads and display tables out of our dining room and back into the studio where they belong. We were living in utter chaos for all of last month since it was the month with three shows. We fingured it was pointless lugging all those boxes and tables all the way back to the studio instead of just leaving it in our dinning room where we had full access to it throught the month. It was a little crazy! The Husbear is still working on our 6 person Farm table for our dining room and I can't wait till he's finished! We are also taking down some old generic artwork that we had perchased from Ikea and are putting up some lovely botanical artwork by 
Curious Prints, my new favorite local artist here in Austin. 




That's about all the news for this girl. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!
Tootles!

xoxo

Dress: umgee
Boots: Thrifted
Knee Socks: Gifted
Hat: Forever 21
Belt: Target