Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The big decision.....


I've done it! I have finally made the move from my full time 9-5 job with the city of Austin to being a full time crafter. It's something that I've always wanted to do and having been working up towards for years now. I haven't been happy at my job in such a long time and Nothing but a Pigeon has really started to take off and is in high demand. Can you believe it? I have been nagging and nagging at my Husbear about leaving the city for a little over a year now but he was weary about it...... naturally. It wasn't till I couldn't keep up with the demand of my crochet business and a few conversations sparked by a some of my fellow small business owners (you know who you are) that we felt like the time was right to take the plunge. I think that Matt had to hear it from other small business owners as opposed to hearing it from his wife. (Thank you BTW). So we have taken the steps that were needed to make this small business possible. We attended a meeting (with Leander's) and investigated all our possible options for a small business loan.... believe me we researched and did our homework. I was lent this very awesome book called "Work Life Revolution" written by the lovely Laura E. Burns. She is the sweetest! Her book is so inspiring!!! It really helped me to digest and truly understand my "transition" from my old job into my new career/work life. Thank you so much Lisa of Feto Soap for lending me the book and helping guide me. Jodi of Art Austin Genius for being my partner in crime and for giving me tips whenever I need help. Gah! There are so many more people!!! I'm also very thankful for being accepted into Austin Craft Riot and getting introduced to this new circle of friends. They are there whenever I have a question or am lost and confused. I find that there is a tight little bond that I have formed with a few select ladies that will last a lifetime. Now I'm getting all weepy eyed and nostalgic. It really has been a long road and I don't even know whom to thank first. Oh wait! That would be my ever patient and loving Husbear Matt Hart. I love you Mattie..... without you none of this would have been possible. 

xoxo