Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Falling for Fall.....

I realize I haven't posted any "daily wears" in quite sometime now. I was in a little rut there for awhile and have been focusing all my creative energy on my crochet business..... which has really started to pay off! I've gotten a ton of positive feed back from the community that has also opened doors for me in other cities. I am proud to announce that I am now selling in Houston!! I have been accepted as a vendor to the cutest boutique called The Tinderbox. Not only are they a boutique but they also feature classes and workshops to the community! The Mister and I are taking a day trip this weekend to visit them. I'm so excited! I also can't wait to check out what Houston has to offer as well. 


In other news.... I have actually gotten a few orders through ETSY as well! I had finally taken the time to take professional images of my work and uploaded it all. It looks amazing! It literally took about two days to get everything all together and I'm still tinkering with it but I finally have a site that I'm proud of. 


This last weekend Jodi of Art Genius Austin and I shared a booth at The Rattan Festival. We both did pretty well and made contacts as well. It was sweltering hot when we were setting up but then hours latter we were rained out! It was totally worth it though. 


I've also received awesome news Sunday. I have been accepted to the 2013 Cherrywood Art Fair! It's kind of a big deal because it's very well known and has high traffic. Lot's of vendors sell out! I'm kind of freaking out because I have soooo much crocheting ahead of me! I'm still waiting to hear if I've been accepted to The Blue Genie Art Bazaar. I participated in last years show and it was a great experience. I'm hoping I can handle both shows but we'll have to wait and see.

 

This was the first official day of Autumn and actually felt like it too..... well, for Austin anyhow. I bought this dress at Target to wear to shows. I find it's easier for me to move around in dresses and stay cool at the same time. I love the little birdies on it as well as the color. The cardi is and oldie but favorite of mine from Francesca's Closet. It's served me well. The boots are from Target too. My old boots were getting so worn out so I decided it was time for new ones. These are more edgy than I usually get but my style is ever changing and evolving. As you can see my hair is starting to finally grow out! I missed my long locks so much. I hope everyone is enjoying Fall as much as I am. I'm super stoked about my upcoming Halloween party! I've been collecting props and decorations for months now.
 More on that later.....


Happy Fall! 
xoxo