Monday, October 21, 2013

The Ohio Wedding!

I'm so excited that my sister Taryn Heldenbrand has officially tied the knot with her long term, bee keeping boyfriend Brian Erchenbrecher! I flew back to Columbus, Ohio last weekend to join in the celebration of this very awesome couple. It was such a gorgeous Autumn weekend on The Erchenbrecher Farm. I didn't realize how much I missed Ohio weather in the Fall. The last few Falls that I had while living in Ohio were wet and cold. This felt like an Indian Summer. 


I also got to meet all of Brian's side of the family..... they are sooooo sweet! I'm so glad Taryn has them in her life. They truly care for her and Brian so much it's adorable. Martha (Brian's Mother) baked all the pie's for their Farm wedding and even took the time to make sure to plant Sunflowers at just the right time so that they would bloom during her wedding! Everyone from his side of the family pitched in. There was even a painting (American Gothic) created/painted by Brian's cousin specifically for photo booth style pictures.... you know where the heads are cut out and you stick your noggin' in there and snap a picture. It was great! I even did my little part by helping make photo booth props such as beards, mustaches etc.....


Here is a sweet little photo of Hunter (Taryn and Brian's puppy) well, one of them. They also have a mixed terrier breed named Max. Hunter has some issues with his Thyroid which causes hair loss..... but we still love him just the same! Isn't he cute?


This is the funniest and cutest thing ever! Taryn and Brian had succulents in teacups 
(among other arrangements) around the tables and as center pieces. Brian specifically requested Dinosaurs. Taryn said: "If my baby wants Dinosaurs.... my baby gets Dinosaurs." I love their awesome relationship...they just "get each other".


There were mixed pumpkins and gourds all around as well. I wish Pinterest existed when I was getting married. Sheesh.


A vintage typewriter along with cigar boxes, succulents, old bottles and sunflowers adorned the tables. It makes me want to go back and re-do my whole wedding theme. Isn't it just spectacular???


Here are some of the beautiful Sunflowers that were in bloom all along the barn. There were various shades and colors.


They had chairs set up for the wedding but also threw in some bails of hay with adorable fabric and baby pumpkins to keep the sheets from blowing away. They literally thought of everything.... thank Gawd Taryn was an event planner. Lol.


Here's the other photo booth that they set up in the corner with a little bench and props made by yours truly. Adorableness provided by Taryn and Brian.


That night all their friends and family camped out on their property and woke up to a delicious Keish and bacon breakfast! I was just in awe how wonderful Brian and Taryn's friends and family made their day. Everyone worked so hard. Have I said that enough?? Ha!


Taryn and Taylor in "American Gothic"


Meet the Newlyweds Taryn and Brian! Aren't they a handsome couple?


The Heldenbrand sister's at The wedding. Taryn made such a lovely Bride. Her dress was amazeballs! The Bridal Party wore Maroon and wine colored frocks while the Boys wore similar colored button downs and suspenders. More images to come! It was the best weekend ever! I miss my Ohio friends and Family dearly. I'm was so grateful to meet all of Taryn and Brian's friends and was very comforted to know that they both have a great support system there in case they ever need anything. Sometimes it's hard living so far away from family....it's nice to know there are "good people" in their lives. Hope you have enjoyed these Instagram Images. You can follow along with me @nothingbutapigeon.

xoxo

Peacoats & Plaid