Monday, June 23, 2014

Bright and bold


Happy Monday! This weekend has been super duper busy for me but a very productive one as well. I've had a bunch of orders to fill and ship out plus re-stocking all my stores too! I also took the weekend to stain two batches of plaques (which have been taking extra long to dry due to the humidity). I've also been trying to edit the wedding images on the side! Sheesh.... I feel like I've hardly had time to relax and hang out with The Mister. Life is good though.... I can't complain too much. 


I've had this dress sitting in my closet since last year and I'd only worn it once. I bought it last Summer at Old Navy... wore it to Fredricksburg and put it away right when I got back because I didn't like the way I looked in my pictures that Matt had taken. I was 10lbs heavier last Summer and was feeling awful back then... so I thought I would give it another go. I was pleasantly surprised that the dress was a tad looser and fit me much better in the waist. I also styled it much nicer than before so I was happy about that as well.


I love head scarves (as if you didn't know) so decided to throw on a bright and colorful one to "spruce it up" a bit. I'm loving this little "sock bun" contraption that I've been using lately. It makes my hair seem bigger and fuller... which is never a bad thing. (Did you spot Sophie?)


I finished off my look with an orange lip. I love experimenting with lip color and makeup now! I fell in love with this cheap little lipstick by "wet & wild". Who knew that orange would be such a flattering color on me? Ha!


This black mini shrug is my "go to" top for most of my dresses. I'm still not comfortable yet with baring my arms. Even though I work out and lift weights on a regular basis... I'm just not ready yet.


I'm back to jogging every other day and doing the "20 minute shred" on the off days. I've also been restricting my caloric intake a bunch which sadly leaves me hungry and tired... but I'm determined to get back to where I was 3 years ago! I'm just happy that I even feel well enough to do the normal, everyday activities that I couldn't back when I was sick. It's such a relief!


I'm going to spend this Summer improving myself on the inside as well as the outside. I want to read all the books that I have put off over the last few years and finish all the projects that haven't been completed and I am dead set on enjoying every single minute of it. Cheers to life!


xoxo

Dress: Old Navy
Shrug: Target
Wedges: Target
Scarf: Thrifted
Lipstick: Wet & Wild