Monday, June 9, 2014

In the Navy....


Happy Monday everyone! How was ya'lls weekend? Mine was fun filled and packed! I'm actually in an airplane in the air as we speak... hopefully! Lol. I had two shows in the last four days and I'm worn out... luckily I'll be in Ohio soon enough and can take a few days to relax before the BIG wedding. 


I've had this dress since from I can't even remember... that's how long ago I purchased it. I love it though.... it's a great "go to dress" especially for this hot Austin climate we're experiencing right now. I've worn this dress on so many different occasions but like it best how I'm styling it here and now with my blue cardi and nude wedges. I'm all about wearing nautical inspired pieces so I added a little compass and went with a red lip and nail.... check out how I styled it back in the day here. I used to be a "boot kinda gal". Which I still love boots.... don't get me wrong but I feel like my style has matured over the past few months and I'm "blossoming" or "coming into my own" as they say. Lol... no really! I don't know how else to describe it!


Since it's in the high 90's already and it's only early June I've taken to staying close to the house for my mini photo sessions. It's way to humid to be venturing too far out without melting. I decided to use my trusty new tripod and head out to the backyard for these images. Sophie (my fur baby) decided to tag along.


I was super stoked when I found this cardi at a local thrift store. It's one I frequent on the eastside of Austin. I have found so many awesome items from that thrift store and this was one of them. I can see myself wearing this cardi with many different outfits and it's in great condition. Yay! I added a little skinny belt and my awesome new compass necklace I bought from the sweet and talented Natalie of Ornamental Things


I just adore Natalie's vintage inspired jewelry... she's may absolute favorite and I keep going back for more pieces from her. The Mister knows how much I love her work and has purchased several necklaces for me from her and I cherish them! It's also so important to shop local and support my fellow artists!


This picture cracks me up everytime! Sophie photo bombed a few images and I had to include at least one. I'm trying hard not to laugh in this photo because I knew she was standing behind me. She's such a curious little girl... always getting into the garden and eating our cherry tomatoes. Lol. Well, I'm keeping this post rather short as I'm preparing to pack up for a week in Ohio! Yay... hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll be kickin' it with my old friends back in C-Bus.

xoxo

Cardigan: Thrifted
Dress: Francesca's
Wedges: Target
Necklace: Ornamental Things
Sunnies: Target
Belt: Target