Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Agent yellow


Oh Hello there! I'm so excited.... literally peeing in my pants! I finally found an awesome Literary Agent to represent me. It was perfect timing too! I had made it one of my New Year goals for 2015 to actively search for someone to help me with my dream of writing and publishing a crochet book. Well... I need look no further. Everything seems to be falling into place and happening before the New Year... which I didn't plan on but am pleasantly pleased about. 


Agent Yellow you say? No, I'm not talking about "Doctor Who"... I'm referring to the mustard yellow hat and scarf that I wore to my first meeting with my new lovely Agent. I just purchased this scarf from Modcloth a few weeks ago and decided that it looked pretty swell with my old knitted hat. I threw on this comfy cream dress and some old boots and Voila! I'm all about comfort these days. I love this military inspired jacket that I bought from Old Navy last year. There are pockets galore... I have a place for my keys, my iPhone and lipstick.


Just a touch of coral crush lipstick and I was ready to go.


Some of you may know that I was talking to a certain Publishing Company in the Fall and hadn't heard from them for about two months or so and was feelin' pretty down and out about it. Well, turns out that that may be quite normal in the literary/publishing world. The Holiday's can be hectic and while things were going on in my little corner of the world with shows and orders on Etsy... things were also going on over there in the publishing world. So I was completely taken aback when I received an e-mail from my contact from the Publishing Company informing me that they are all still very interested and would like to discuss it further. Here I had thought that they had forgotten all about little ol' me. So you see it was actually perfect timing that I had found an Agent.


What Publishing Company you ask? Well.... I'd like to keep that under wraps until I actually decide to sign a deal with them. This is still the beginning process and I want to be certain of my decision. How did I find an Agent and whom are they? That too I'd love to keep under wraps... at least for now. I am however very excited (can you tell) and can't wait to see where this all leads. For now I must focus on my last show that is still going on until Christmas Eve. Then I will celebrate The Holiday with our in laws and our sweet nephews. Dinner at their house and then we watch the kiddos open up their gifts. Christmas Day for us will be simple this year. No real presents to open (which is completely fine by us). We will probably spend the day lounging around the house, sipping coffee and maybe later take the dogs on a walk. New Years Eve we are actually planning on going to The Alamo Draft House with my BFF and his Mister to participate in a NYE Sing Along. It should be good. wholesome clean fun. Ha!


Hope everyone is staying warm!

xoxo

Dress: Target
Boots: Target
Scarf: Modcloth
Hat: Modcloth
Jacket: Old Navy