Monday, December 1, 2014

Goal Digger



Happy Monday Kittens! I literally just got back from Houston last night and am still coming down from a high due to a three day Holiday Show. I went a total of five days without the Husbear and fur babies but it was "all good" because I was in such wonderful company with my dear friends Amanda and Bri of (The Good Hippie) and their awesome family. They welcomed me into their home with open arms.... I've never experienced such generosity before..... seriously! We all decided it was best that they become my "adopted family". Not only did they let me crash at their beautiful home but they fed me and loved me as they would their own kin. They truly are good, kind hearted folks.


My wall of "Crochet Taxidermy" for The Blue Genie Art Bazaar went up last Tuesday with the help of my wonderful and oh so handy Husbear. It was pretty easy and stress free, which I was happy about. All I have to worry about now is re-filling my wall at The Blue Genie throughout the month and keeping my stores in stock with my taxi heads. I also have one last show to prepare for called Cherrywood Art Fair. I'm gonna just put my head down and crochet my lil' heart out through the next couple of weeks.


A cold front came through this morning in Austin after such delightful warm and sunny weather we experienced in  H-town this past weekend. Brrrrrrr! I got spoiled while I was there.... wearing little dresses and boots everyday to the Show. It really feels like Winter now. The Mister decorated our little home with Christmas lights and also purchased a wreath for our front door. It was nice to see the festive  lighting as I pulled into the driveway when I got home. 


It's hard to believe that Christmas time is right around the corner and soon after that The New Year will be here! I've got BIG plans for this upcoming year. Big girl plans! Last year when I quit my job working for the City and started my own business full time I set goals for myself and am happy to say that I've accomplished almost all of them. Yay! This next year I'm going to achieve the same thing. 


After being left "high and dry" by a publishing company.....
 (I still don't know what's going on with this book deal) I've decided that I'm going to use some of my hard earned money and go ahead and hire a Literary Agent. I talked to a few gals that have gone that route and they are very happy with the decision they have made. I also may look into "Kickstarter" and the "Girls Guild" for some financial backing and helpful hands. As a small business owner I'm slowly learning the steps I need to take in order to make my crochet company thrive. I can't wait to see what wonderful things are in store for me this next year.


Now lets talk about this little outfit I'm wearing.... I totally forgot about this cute, little plaid flannel I had tucked way far back in my closet. Now that It's colder I'll be wearing much more of these warm, comfy button ups. I just bought a pair of black skinnies from Old Navy and a little slouchy hat from Target that will go with pretty much everything. You can't go wrong with black. I threw on my new favorite faux leather jacket and a chunky gold chain and Voila! 


I hope everyone has wonderful Holiday plans... I know I do. When I get some spare time I plan on putting up the ol' plastic tree and decorating it with the Husbear while sipping on some hot coco and listening to Pat Boone's Christmas Music. I can't wait! 

xoxo

Skinnies: Old Navy
Flannel: Old Navy
Jacket: Target
Hat: Target
Shoes: Target
Chain: Forever 21

bre pea.