Thursday, May 7, 2015

Boho baby....


Well hello, hello there! Since I'm still re cooping from my little hip flexor injury I've had some extra time on my hands. What better way to waste the hours away than by playing dress up?! Last week I scored some a-ma-zing boho pieces from my favorite local thrift store and I just couldn't wait to try them on and show them off. I also found myself at Forever 21 yesterday and fell in love with these black shoes. Oh and I bought a ton of jewelry too! I'm obsessed with this gold bolero that I bought on a whim and I'm so glad I did because I can see me wearing it all Summer. 


Austin had a HUGE storm last night with flood warning in the wee early hours of the morning. I slept right through it and woke up to the birds chirping like nothing had happened. I love the smell of the air after it rains don't you? Lawd knows we need all the rain we can get here... our lake levels are still really low. 


Can we take a minute to appreciate this little black dress I'm wearing? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a shirt but me being a shorty, I can pretty much get away with most things that other people can't. Ha! There actually are some benifits to being small besides being just cute and adorable. 



I'm actually not afraid to show of more of my body now. I used to want to cover it all up but this Spring I'm feeling daring. I've worked hard to get to the point I'm at and I'm damn proud!!


I'm pretty sure this felt hat is going to be a Summer staple for me. I'm also learning to embrace messy, beachy hair which I adore on a deep level. Lol. 


Everything is all lush and green and growing like crazy in our front yard. Our Pride of Barbados is growing and will soon be in full bloom. It's one of my favorite plants that we have. It's so bright and colorful and makes everything feel like a tropical paradise. 




It's always a little awkward taking your own photographs. People are walking and driving by wondering what the heck is going on over there. Sometimes I'll get the occasional creeper that legit stops their vehicle in order to stop and stare. That's when I get scared and run back inside my house. It's also somewhat of a mystery what images you're  going to end up with. I try check them but it's hard for me to tell if they are in focus or not.... le sigh.


This month is going to be packed full of busy shows, crocheting and trying to write down patterns for the ol' book. I'm excited but am also dreading it a little bit. I know I will be a stronger person and learn a lot coming out of it all at the end of this month, it's just a lot to take in all at once. Life is ever changing and is full of challenges, it's how we handle them is what makes up who we are. With that being said... I'm going to do my best to be cool as a cucumber. 


xoxo

Dress: Forever 21 (thrifted)
Shoes: Forever 21
Hat: Forever 21