Wednesday, May 13, 2015

young edwardian


Hi there kitten's! What a gloomy week this has been here in Austin... the rain hasn't stopped and our backyard as well as our chicken coop is completely flooded. I haven't even ventured outside to the backyard since this past weekend. It's literally a mud pit back there.


Besides the constant rain I've also had constant anxiety too. Nothing new there... I think it's a combination of not working out all last week (due to a hip flexor injury) and all these upcoming shows I have as well as other personal struggles that I've been dealing with. The weather being crappy is just the cherry on top of my cake. 


On a side note... I picked up this dress at my favorite local thrift store and was super excited that I finally found an amazing Bohemian/ Florence Welch inspired piece of clothing. When I got home, I was cutting all the tags off my clothing in order to throw them in the wash and saw that the label on this dress read: Young Edwardian. Turns out this dress is more like Renaissance chic rather than Bohemian chic. So if I ever go a The Renaissance Festival (which I probably will because I'm a nerd like that) than I'll be all set.  


In the meantime I like to pretend that I'm a young bohemian....



I'm pretty much obsessed with the dusty pink color and the floral motif as well as the black crushed velvet piping it's got going on here. I'm also obsessed with Bolo Ties at the moment and can't decide if I should go ahead and buy one online. I found this gold, feminine looking one at Forever 21 and have been wearing it with anything and everything so far so I guess I mine as well commit to the whole bolo look right?!


This is about the only time of year I could get away with wearing this get up. The weather is still pretty mild this Spring on account of all the rain. Last time this year I believe it was already in the 90's in May. This dress is pretty heavy duty so I won't be wearing it this Summer... it'll be my early Spring/Winter dress which is okay with me. 


Hope everyone is having a swell work week so far. I'm getting everything ready for The Renegade Craft Fair this weekend! I always get nervous before big shows... more like butterflies in my stomach!! I'm glad that the Mister will be there helping me set up and tear down my booth and that there is no traveling involved with this show. It's actually in my neck of the woods on the eastside of town this year. I'm pretty excited about the new venue. Here's to a good show!!

xoxo