Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bohemian goth


Well we survived the storm! That's right, for all of you that don't know.... Texas had a bunch of severe thunderstorm's followed by tornado's and flooding! We were very lucky although it did get a little scary for a minute. Some people were left with no power and flood damage to their homes. I've never seen so much rain in all my life and they say there are more storms to come throughout the week and into the weekend. It's literally been raining for the past three weeks here on and off but yesterday was unbelievable! I'm still planing on participating in The Little Craft Show in Arkansas this weekend even though I'm scared to leave the Husbear and our two fur babies behind... I'm pretty confident that my woodsy, outdoorsy Husband knows how to take care of himself. Why he even dug a trench around our home in order to divert the water into the street. What a guy! I feel horrible for those people (and some of my friends) who's homes were damaged... nature is certainly a bitch sometimes!


These images were taken a few weeks ago when there was actually a break in the rain... you can still tell it was all gloomy however. At least our lake levels are up and looking good. The Hubby told me that the Lake Travis went up about a good eight feet in one day! That's amazing! We might be able to enjoy our beautiful Lake once again like we used to when we first moved here over six years ago. 


I've been wearing a lot of black lately... maybe it's on account of all the rain. It's just so easy and you don't have to think about matching. This is a good example of what I'll be wearing this Summer.  
 I might opt for more comfy shoes though....


This fun Kimono I purchased a long time ago at Target and haven't worn it until now... I have to say it goes pretty well with this black sundress that I'm obsessed with. It my new "go to dress". Just add a black floppy hat and over sized sunnies and I'm good to go.


I've been having a lot of good hair days recently too. I think it's on a count of me not caring so much about styling it and am truly embracing the messy look. I don't even blow dry it most days now anymore and just put it up in a top knot which leads to a delightfully unexpected swirly and very large loopy curls. Voila! I think it's also because I've finally stuck to actually growing my bangs out now. I've been fighting the urge to cut them and have resisted temptation long enough and am now rockin' the middle part.


Well, I'm off to finish up some last minute crochet taxi heads for The Little Craft Show and then I'll be  road trippin' with my crafty lady friends Bri of The Good Hippie and Lauren of 
Little Skunk Co. When I return I will be full on diving into writing my crochet book. That's right folks, it's actually happening. I've signed a contract with Storey Publishing Company whom I adore! I'm thrilled to be making my dreams of becoming an Author come true. If all goes well my book will be out in 2016! Unfortunately, my Etsy Shop will be closed until August when my final manuscript is due but then I'll be re-open for business! I'm still keeping my stores fully stocked as well so you can still find my work around Austin, Houston and Dallas. That's about all the news from this girl! Hope all you kitten's are staying dry!


xoxo

Dress: Target
Kimono: Target
Shoes: Forever 21
Hat: Forever 21
Sunnies: Target