Monday, May 11, 2015

White hot


Happy Monday kitten's!! Where did the weekend go? I can''t believe how fast this Spring seems to be flying by. I had a great weekend with some great friends. I also go some much needed crochet patterns accomplished and written down.


I literally forgot to smile in these first two images. Ha! They crack me up. It's hard when you're taking your own photographs to remember to pose and fix your face as your pushing that remote button repeatedly. Le sigh.....


This is kinda of a different look for me but one that I'm getting fond of. I found this white dress at the thrift store and instantly fell in love with it. It may be a shirt... I really don't know but I love it just the same.


I'm really getting into "soft grunge" or what the kids are calling "pastel goth". From the looks of it the two can kinda intermix and mingle producing a very sweet girly look with a bit of an edge. It pretty much fits my personality as well as vibe lately....


I'm obsessed with the faux biker boots. I try not to wear real leather on account of moral issues. I do however eat white meat (not pork) as well as fish. I also try not to buy any products that are tested on animals. It's hard sometimes because those guys are sneaky. You have to read labels and even then sometimes you are confused and bewildered. I'm not an overbearing freak about it though.... if I eat a bite of red meat occasionally I'm not going to run home and flog myself or anything. I just don't go out of my way to seek out a hamburger or steak nor do I really crave it. I'm also not that type of gal to  beat people over the head with my beliefs. 


I'm super excited that I got to break out my flower crown I snagged last year at The Renegade Craft Fair. I bought it from Garden Head Co.  I bought two and have been waiting for the right moment to wear them and I'm pretty sure I nailed it with this one. I mean who doesn't love a good flower crown... especially one with daisies.



Our front yard is looking pretty swell and might I say lush?! The Pride of Barbados is coming back up and soon we will have delightful orange blossoms everywhere. I'm also digging our palm which has gotten crazy big and our agave plant (in the orange pot) that stabs me in the legs every time I walk outside the front door. 


I was having quite the good hair day.... even though the humidity has been through the roof these days on account of all the rain it still managed to keep some of the curl. I'm pretty sure I'm growing out my bangs. I like the middle part deal I've been rockin' lately, it's new and different but I have a pretty swell forehead so I'll be showing it off this Summer. The bangs are the curtains and my face is center stage. Ha!



Damn! I can look tough when I want to. 



I can't wait to get back into my workout routine again. It's been a whole week since I injured my hip which still bothers me but I think I'm going to try to ease into my workout videos 
(which I'm obsessed with). I gained 2lbs back this week from not working out everyday and I splurged this weekend as well. Sometimes it's two steps forward, one step back kinda deal. You gotta live a little bit though... we can't all be saints.


It's cool, I'll keep on keepin' on and lose the rest of the weight that I intended to lose. I have to say life is more pleasant when you can actually fit into your clothes and feel good about yourself. 




I think this dress will be another Summer staple... it's just so easy to wear. I may have to wear some little white shorts underneath them though. 



I hope all you hot Momma's out there and Fur Momma's alike had an amazing Mother's Day! 
This week I'll be crocheting my little heart out in preparation for The Renegade Craft Fair on the east side of town no less. I'm super excited! I'll be seeing all you kitten's there. Meow meow!

xoxo

Dress: Thrifted
Jacket: Target
Boots: Target
Bolo: Forever 21
Flower Crown: Garden Head Co.