Wednesday, May 20, 2015

ethereal beauty...



It's mid-week and I'm finally starting to get back in the groove of things. I swear... participating in shows really takes it out of me. I was completely exhausted for about two days after The Renegade Craft Fair. Monday was just an "off day" for me.... I felt like a zombie and really couldn't get much of anything done. I really hate being unproductive. Le sigh....
The Mister and I managed to take these pretty little pictures last week before the monsoon came through Austin. We've had so much rain here the past week it's been unreal. I thought our poor chickens were going to float away! The Mister even had to dig a trench around one side of our house, so now we essentially have a moat around our home. Now all we need is a little draw-bridge and we're all set. Ha! It hasn't rained this much in all the 8 years that we've lived here in Texas. Don't get me wrong; we desperately need it but it's so depressing and dreary outside : /
This was the one time that the rain actually broke and the sun decided to make an appearance... just for a little while. With all this rain comes even more beautiful fields of flowers and I've been able to catch a glimpse of some wonderful rainbows as well. It's not all bad. It's also nice because last year this time it was blazing hot already and all this rain is helping things stay cool....


This dress is one of my old favorites. I bought it years ago from Forever 21 and have managed to hang onto it and not donate it or sell it. I forgot about it for awhile but I think it's going to be one of my Summer favorites this year. I'm really into the bohemian look once again.... I think I've pretty much got the look down. 


These are flowers are known as "Indian blanket" or "Fire Wheel", they are an annual flower from the Aster Family. Aren't they just beautiful!?


This beautiful field of flowers is literally right up our street. I like to visit it often to see which flowers are blooming. Last month it was covered in Bluebonnet's and Indian Paintbrush's. We haven't seen any Black-Eyed Susan's yet here this year...





At the end of this month I'm heading off to Arkansas to The Little Craft Show with some dear friends of mine. It's going to be a long drive with frequent stops along the way but hopefully in the end we will have a good show and have met a lot of new and wonderful makers. I'm excited to see a new city that has a huge crafting scene like Austin does. In the meanwhile I'll be crocheting away and writing down some new patterns. This last show will complete my Spring shows that I'll be participating in. I don't think I'll be partaking in anything else until the Winter Holiday Season is upon us. That gives me plenty of time to complete my book and start to get everything ready for Winter when I make the majority of my sales. I think I've got this year all figured out... hopefully there won't be too many bumps in the road. I've had enough of those (in the past) to last me a whole lifetime. Ha!


I hope everyone is having a splendid week. Does anyone have any awesome plans for this weekend? I plan on maybe making a few trips to either Ikea or the Home Depot. The Mister is working on a Farm Table for our dining room. It's going to be beautiful and big enough to sit 6 people so we will be able to really entertain. 

xoxo

Dress: Forever 21
Hat: Forever 21
Socks: Gifted
Boots: Target
Belt: Target