Monday, May 25, 2015

Jacoby's


Happy Memorial Day! Yay for no work! So... a few weekends back my gal pal (and neighbor) Gina invited me and the Mister out to Happy Hour with her and her Husbear to Jacoby's. Le Husband and I have never been there before but are always down for trying new up and coming restaurants, especially if they are on in our neck of the woods on the east side of town. We were pleasantly delighted by the initial atmosphere and eclectic vibe we got as we walked in the door. It was like walking into a dimly lit barn house (which I adore). Our food was even served in old enamel ware dishes and bowls! It was like taking a trip back to the good ol' camping days. The food was amazing of course and I'm not even what you'd call a real meat eater. I hardly ever eat red meat but when I do I want it (the cow meat) to be grass fed and farm raised the way a cow should be raised. Which they are....


All the meat comes directly from The Jacoby Farm were it's grass fed. They even sell their meat in the little shop attached to them literally right next door. I was so impressed with their little store that I wanted to buy everything in there for our home. I love all the collectible milk glass that was for sale as well as all the hand woven pillows. I could have spent hours in that store just looking and admiring all the glorious splendor....


I'm officially now obsessed with milk glass. We have a few pieces that we've kept over the years that have survived our 7 moves around Ohio and then to Austin, Texas. I'd like to start collecting more in the future. 



Tons of terrariums and weathered sticks and logs all over as well as a wonderful collection of brass pots and other delightful trinkets.


I adore these pillows!! Also, check out those antlers. 


It was a great experience eating there. I didn't even describe the amazing back patio that we sipped our moscow mule and wine on while we enjoyed the fabulous view... I can't wait to take my sister and brother in law back there when they come into town. It was a fun intimate dining experience that I'd like to share with them.

xoxo