Monday, April 15, 2013

Adventures in floral jeans

Happy Monday! The weather has been so lovely the past few days. The Mister and I survived our first official week of boot camp. Yippee! We were so sore...it was painful yet hilarious now that I'm not sore any longer. I'm so excited that we are actually getting our act together and are "doing something." We have a week off until the next boot camp starts up. In the mean time I'm going to take full advantage of this fine weather and go jogging.
Speaking of jogging...I came across this beautiful field of wild flowers one afternoon while running at Mueller Park. They are so many flowers popping up everywhere in Austin that it's hard to to smile and feel happy. The Mister was nice enough to meet me at the park after work one day and snap a few pictures of me.

He has been working so hard on finishing up the final touches on our new screened in porch which he designed and built himself! I'm so proud of him and am such a lucky girl that I have such a "handyman." He is also starting on our chicken coop.... which is going to be awesome! I'm soooo ready to get the chicks out of the house! I love the little guys but they are growing so fast and don't smell so good.
Besides getting back into shape and being the momma to two baby chicks, I've also been working on myself. Not just physically but mentally as well. I've been taking the time to smell the flowers...if you know what I mean. I'm slowly learning to take a step back and really focus on what is important to me....and am also learning to not get so worked up over small things. It feels like a weight has been
lifted off my chest. Sigh of relief.
It's too bad that wild flowers don't last all that long. This is truly my favorite time of year in Austin. I wish it would never end.... but the temperature will slowly start creeping higher and higher and before we know it summer will be upon us. But for now I'm enjoying life and am soaking up the sun before it gets too hot!

 There are so many new and exciting things ahead for the Mister and I this spring. I can't wait to watch the chicks turn into chickens. They are already in their "awkward phase" right now. They are shedding their baby fuzz and have started to get their adult feathers. They are bouncing around in their little cage and are testing out their wings. It's hilarious to watch. The other day the Matt and I took them outside for their first time on the grass. They loved it. More on that later.....

That's about all the news I have going on in my little corner of the world right now. I hope you enjoyed this weeks posts. I'm happy that I'm actually getting around to taking more pictures.

Blouse: Target
Jeans: Target
Earrings: Emeralds
Ring: XXI