Monday, April 22, 2013

Purple flowers..... purple socks

Happy Monday everyone! This last weekend was very, very busy but it was also packed full of fun. Friday I hosted my very first "Game night" for the Austin Craft Riot girls. I should say girls and boys..... all the Mister's came along. I was really anxious at first because I didn't know anyone but It ended up being the best night ever! I met so many kind and talented people. It was a potluck so everyone brought over a yummy dish and their choice of beer and wine. It was a fabulous spread indeed. After chatting and eating we settled down to start playing some games.... we ended up not playing a board game but something new I had never heard of called "Mafia". It's basically a game of strategy with a little bit of a twist. Everyone loved it! Slowly people trickled off and we said our last farewell a little before midnight. I was so exhausted but glad that it all came together so well.


I was supposed to run in a 5K called The Diva Dash but I was too tired from game night that I ended up sleeping in. I am only a little upset that I didn't make it to the run.... only because I felt like I needed to do it for myself... to prove to myself that I still can do these types of things. Oh well..... I am however in Boot Camp so I think that is proof enough. Ha! 


The Mister  was kind enough to take photograph's of me in one of my favorite dresses. I purchased this little frock at Forever twenty one right before Christmas and rang in The New Year wearing it.  I wanted to capture the brightness of the yellow and purple flowers in the pattern... luckily there just so happened to be a field of purple flowers up at the top of our street. Perfect!


I'm not quite sure what type of wild flower these are but they certainly are picturesque. There are so many beautiful fields of flowers all over Austin right now that it feels like we're living in a painting sometimes. 


Saturday was so beautiful... there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Matt and I decided to go to the Mall 
(which  we both hate doing) but to our surprise there was a wonderful Farmer's Market right in the parking lot. I had totally forgot about this Farmer's Market! So we decided that we would take a peek at what there was to offer. We ended up buying some fresh veggies and goat milk soap and something to eat at Zilker Park picnic style. (More on that later) After that we went to Sephora so I could spend my  gift card and then dropped by the Mac store and then headed straight to Zilker Park with our goodies.


The Park was full of people with the same idea as us! Picnic's everywhere. I truly miss that side of town... Zilker Park and Barton Springs are the main reasons why I fell in love with Austin. There is such a "chill" vibe there. Nobody is angry, everyone is having fun walking their dogs and playing Frisbee with their friends. The food was delicious and the sun was warm on our skin. We dozed off for a little bit and then packed up to go home. I just got the 2nd season of Downton Abby and wanted to cuddle up to Matt and Lucy with a glass of wine. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day. It's moment's like these that I am so thankful for everything that I have. I know that sounds weird but with recent events in the news it's hard not to think about what is important to you. I am so grateful for this wonderful weather and look forward to many more awesome weekends.

Dress: Forever Twenty One
Hat: Forever Twenty One
Socks: Target
Shoes: Macy's
Cardigan: Target
Earrings: Francesca's
Sunnies: Target