Saturday, April 27, 2013

Indian blanket flowers

Hey there! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I know I am. Last weekend I got a bunch of stuff done and this weekend I plan on being just as productive. I'm crocheting animal heads in preparation for First Thursday. I'm really focused and really motivated after talking to some of my craft riot girlfriends about their businesses. I'm thinking about my next plan of attack. Ha! I don't want to mention anything yet because I'm not sure what road my little crochet business will take me. I'm open to many possibilities. Other than that the Mister and I have been getting our butts kicked at boot camp, but we love it though. I've never worked so hard in my life and am so sore all the time but I happy knowing why I'm sore. I know that I'm doing something good for myself mentally and physically. I haven't noticed any changes yet.... a few people have mentioned that they can tell I've lost weight in my face but I don't see it. I feel different though. I know with dedication and time my body will slowly transform. I'm really excited.



This dress that I'm wearing is a few years old... never the less it's one of my favorites. It's one of my "go to" dresses in the summer because it's easy an convenient on oh so cute. I don't usually gravitate towards red but I had to make an exception in this case. I love the ruffles and flouncy layers..... it makes me feel very feminine. 


 It's hard to believe that last year around this time, in this very field I was snapping pictures of my very pregnant and very beautiful friend Dominique. She delivered her baby boy "Howie" a little over a year ago! I still can't believe she is a Momma now but she is the best. Howie is just adorable..... check out her baby blog One Flew Over..... kicking, screaming and raising a baby. Her last post is so very sweet.


This weekend hopefully the Mister and I can finish up the chicken coop. Matt started on it last weekend but he ran out of time. The little chickadees are getting so big, it's time for them to move out. I think we may try to make a little day trip on Saturday to Brenham, Texas. After I saw Mandy's post with the Antique Rose Emporium I knew I wanted to see it for myself. So we will see how much "play time" we have in order to do that. I always like to see different parts of Texas. 


Hopefully the weather will hold out for us this weekend. The last few days it's been rainy and gloomy. I don't mind the rain though.... we really need it, plus I don't have to spend hours watering the garden! Which by the way is growing very well. I can't wait to get fresh green beans and tomato's.... not to mention my fabulous herbs. Our lavender has actually got it's first real bloom! Eeeeeep!


Dress: Target
Cardigan: Francesca's
Boots: Dots
Hat: thrifted
Ring: Christmas gift 
Belt: Thrifted