Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sunday brunch at Contigo

Hello there all my little lovies! Sunday Matt and I had the best brunch ever at Contigo Austin. We've been there a few times before but never for brunch. We were actually on our way to our "usual place" to grab a bite to eat and I saw that they were on face book reminding there followers (me) that they were serving brunch any moment now. Eureka! We were headed in that general direction anyhow so it worked out perfectly.


I love that they are conveniently located on the east side of Austin close to our home. I often pass by there on my daily jog in Mueller and drool when I get a whiff of whatever is on the grill. The last time I was there was with Matt for happy hour and it was at dusk as the sun went down. We were sitting on the patio with the twinkly light all a glow. It was so romantic... they even have little blankets for you in case you get chilly.


There set up is modern yet rustic. Metal, wood and woven rugs....simple and elegant. Their patio is amazing, especially in the summer time in Austin when you want to sit outside and relax with a nice cool drink. This is the place to be.


It seems that there are a bunch of "little gems" popping up all around east Austin and this one is definitely a diamond in the rough. 



A view from the patio looking out.


Here's a little glimpse of what is on their brunch menu.


They have the chillest patio ever. Check out this awesome fire pit... and they even have woven blankets if you get cold.


The most interesting bloody mary I've ever had..... and I've had a lot. I can't say that I liked it all that much but it wasn't disgusting. Those aren't olives in there either... it's a pickled tomatillo. That was the best part.


Matt ordered the eggs Benedict. It was a perfect rendition of what you would call a "classic egg Benedict", but a little too mild for Matt's liking.


I ate quiche and a little dandelion salad. I pretty much felt the same as Matt did about his meal.... it was very bland. There were supposed to be shiitake mushrooms in it and shiitakes normally have a very earthy/woodsy taste to them but I could hardly tell.


They do however have a beautiful little garden mixed with flowers and vegetables.


All in all it was a good brunch..... a little too pricey though. It didn't blow my mind but it was very fine weather and I have been there before and have had different food and I enjoyed it much more. Maybe next time we go it won't go for brunch.... possibly happy hour. It was a good weekend with the Mister and I can't wait till this coming weekend to have more adventures.

xo