Monday, April 29, 2013

Blog of The Month Scathingly Brilliant

Holy smokes! I forgot March's blog of the month! I must have been super busy and didn't even realize it. So here is April's blog of the month...... Kate of Scathingly Brilliant. I've been following Kate's blog for quite some time now and am always excited to see her new and creative posts. Not only is she a cutie pie but she is a full time illustrator that owns her own business called Flapper Doodle. She has the most unique fashion sense and a serious love for cats. 



Here is a Mad Men inspired piece of art work from Flapper Doodle. I love this cute and clever illustration of Betty, Joan and Peggy. I just started getting in to Mad Men recently and am currently on season 3. It's getting really juicy!


This is just one of my favorite outfit's of Kate's. She has so many adorable outfit posts it's hard to choose from them all. I love her whimsical, feminine style and the fact that her hair is pink or platinum blonde makes my heart smile. Whether they're in milk maid braids or a bee hive I adore it all. To view more outfit posts click here.

Besides Flapper Doodle Kate also sells cute little hand made goods and artwork at Sweet & Lovely
Check out these adorable collar clips she sells. Eeeeeep!


My favorite part of Kate's blog are her clever DIY's. This girl is on fire! She has the most creative ideas and executes them perfectly! For example..... how cute is this Cat toe DIY?


 Oh! This is another all time favorite. I know I've posted about this before but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect thrift store dress to complete this 3D embellished dress DIY.


 She is just so creative that Kate. I highly recommend checking out Scathingly Brilliant. 
It's on my list on "daily reads." There is so much more to explore and find on her blog. You can also find Kate on Instagram, twitter, pinterest, facebook, youtube,

xoxo