Monday, April 8, 2013

taking the plunge.....

It's early April and the flowers are all in bloom! Everywhere you look there are bluebonnets and black eyed susans all over our neighborhood and along the highways. Wild flowers as far as the eye can see. I truly love this time of year and I'm especially loving this dress I bought. I was looking for a simple cotton dress to wear to First Thursday (which was a bust) with Mandy and found the last one at Target! Thank God I could still fit into a small..... usually I can't these days. That is all going to change here soon in the near future. 


As I said in the previous post that The Mister and I had joined a Boot Camp. I had went with my good friend Dominique to try a class and loved it so Matt and I went to the Gym to check it out and signed up. We have since yet to go.... I totally caught the sniffles immediately after we signed up and can't seem to shake it. I'm hoping that by this Monday (today) that I can start to get back into the workout mindset. The class I took with Dominique kicked my ass so hard I was sore for three days afterwards! I'm looking forward to getting back into shape and feeling good about myself again, which is something I haven't felt in a very long time.


So as promised I have (Matt has) taken photos of my new hair cut. About two weeks ago I had "taken the plunge" so to speak and lopped off over 9 inches of hair! It was kind of a sudden decision. Lately I have been going through a lot of changes.... changes in myself and changes in relationships with others. I have started to really reflect on life and what makes me happy and Matt happy as a couple. I don't want to get into too many personal details out of respect for the privacy of our relationship.... but like any married couple we have struggled through some hard times and have come out stronger because of it. Mostly, I have been dealing with internal struggles.... Trying to figure out how to be a "balanced, happy individual" is sometimes hard for me.


 I talked a little bit before about getting off all my medication (Lamictal) for Epilepsy, which is still going good but with that comes other side effects. Lamictal is also used to treat Bipolar Disorder (which I don't have) so when I weened myself off of it I started to feel really emotional and angry. I tried to deal with it naturally with a healthy diet and exercise and even meditation.... but It just wasn't working out. Matt and I recognised that and I immediately saw my Doctor and am currently on a form of anti depressant. I don't know if I can ever fully be completely off of all medication.... I will have to wait and see. I'm feeling more like myself lately and am slowly getting over the initial shock of cutting off most of my hair. My hair was my security blanket and now I feel a little naked... but maybe that's a good thing.


I kind of had to learn to take a "step back" from life and take a social vacation.... for the sake of my mental health and for the sake of my friendships and Matt's and our relationship. I have learned a lot about myself over the past Month or so and will continue to learn more and develop as a person. I look forward to positive changes in me and will continue to accept change instead of fighting it. I think for me the hardest part is loving myself and accepting and forgiving myself. I'm thankful that I have the most supportive husband and wonderful family and friends that are always there for me. 

Dress: Target
Jacket: Old Navy (Thrifted)
Belt: Target
Boots (Thrifted)
Necklace: OMG Boutique
Ring: Franchescca's