Monday, April 13, 2015

April Showers...




Oh Hi there! Don't mind me... I'm just dancing around in a gorgeous field of orange flowers. 
First off, I hope everyone had a smashing good weekend like Le Husband and I did. Secondly, can we just take a moment to appreciate the beauty of Spring?!? 


There is a tiny hill behind our property and every Spring it explodes with wildflowers, bluebonnets and painted Indian brushes. I was just waiting for the right opportunity to bust out this awesome new and very orange dress I had purchased from Forever 21. 


Spring is truly a magical time of year here in Austin, Texas. Anywhere you drive there are wildflowers as far as the eye can see all thanks to Ladybird Johnson


It was a little rainy and dreary on this particular Sunday but that didn't stop me from frolicking in the field of blooms . The sun couldn't decided if it wanted to make an appearance or not and there was a little bit of a drizzle that was happening but you know what they say about April Showers...


I also decided to buy this cute and clear umbrella for such occasions as this. I've always wanted a clear umbrella but never found one that was the shape that I liked until I spotted this one at Target. Now I won't have a problem matching my outfit to my umbrella.



I did have to wear my little "wellies" because it was rather muddy and wet but it honestly doesn't look as bad with my dress as I'd thought. 


Also, my poor camera was struggling to figure out how to adjust to all the color. Lol! I tried to fix the balance later on but it still ended up being all over the place. I really hate it when my picture aren't all "consistent" but I think I'll manage being that they are still very beautiful and all....



I pretty much feel in love with this orange bird dress the moment I saw it online. I knew I had to have it and I was thrilled that I can once again buy a size small. When I got it in the mail and went to try it on I was so nervous that it wouldn't fit but alas it did! I even had room to spare. 


I used to wear my hair in milkmaid braids like this all the time... it was kinda my thing. I got out of the habit of doing it when I started working from home but fell in love with it all over again. It's actually really easy to do and I love the look so it's pretty much a win win. 




I could spend all day in this field of flowers just enjoying the beauty of it all but I must return to reality and get to crocheting. I have much to do and many patterns to write down. 

xoxo

Dress: Forever 21
Wellies: Walmart
Umbrella: Target