Wednesday, April 8, 2015

natural in neutral... part 1


Is it hump day already?! I seriously feel like I have not gotten anything done this week or last week crochet wise... I should be staying indoors and bolting the doors shut in order to prepare myself for these three HUGE upcoming shows... not to mention I should be writing down my patterns as well for my upcoming book. My social life has taken more of a "front seat" lately, and it makes me get all anxious inside. The woes of social anxiety.....


After this weekend I'm gonna have to issue a PSA to all my friends and family letting them know that I'll be MIA until August when my complete manuscript is due. It's totally fine with me because "hanging out" and being a "social butterfly" makes me really nervous. I like staying inside the comfort of my own home and not talking to anyone. Call me crazy... it's just the way I operate. 


Let's talk about this fun photo session I had with the Mister. Last weekend we went out to a horse farm and I got to see first hand the house design Le Husband has been working on so hard at work. If you all don't know, the Mister is a Project Manager of a really well known green Architecture Firm here in Austin. I'm so proud of him! It's really fun when he takes me out to see their houses being built. He talks about his job with such passion.... it's really inspiring. This particular home is on a little ranch out in Manor. Texas... which was only 30 minutes away from Austin. It was such a beautiful day, so of course I decided to take advantage of it. 



You know me.... just hanging out by a random wood pile. Ha! Can I just tell you how much I adore this dress!? I scored it at a thrift store about a year ago. It's from Forever 21 and was a small. At the time, I could barely fit into it and it looked kinda wrong on me. I bought it anyhow in hopes that I'd eventually get to the point (size wise) that I could fit into it and have it look okay ion me. I have to say... I look more than "okay" in it. I'm pretty much in love with the way it fits me and am so pleased that I can wear it an not feel self conscious.




How lush and green is this grass!?! It's usually never this green in Austin. We've had plenty or Spring showers already making everything beautiful and bright. I just love Spring in Austin... the weather is amazing. I also love frolicking in tall grass....


It was such a beautiful day in fact that we managed to capture loads of gorgeous images... so many that I decided to make this a two part post. I literally could not edit them down to any less. It was a happy day on the horse farm with the Mister. I do hope Spring hangs around a little longer this year. Soon it will be extremely hot and the grass will fade to brown. Until then I must cherish all our little outings and trips that we make. This weekend we visit my dear friend Anna in Georgetown and get to see her new house. I'm so excited... of course I'll have to capture some images. Until then....



xoxo

Dress: (Thrifted) Forever 21
Boots: Target
Knee Socks: Gifted
Hat: Forever 21
Necklace: Gift from Le Husband