Monday, April 20, 2015

Floral dress & ombre' hair


Hi there kittens! Is it Monday already?! This is an older photo shoot that I never got around to publishing but I thought it would be a great way to break up all those flower images that I've been posting lately. I don't want to beat people over the head with gorgeous wildflower images. That would just be plain rude. Ha! This awesome little dress I snagged at Buffalo Exchange in the Winter time but it was a small and I could not yet fit into it... so I was delighted to find that it I slip into it with ease and just in time for the Spring Season. 


I love how fluttery it is in the wind and how delicate and sheer the fabric is. I also love that even though it's a floral print it's not overly feminine because of the mute colors. As always, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with my bangs. I'm forever in a state of growing out and then chopping them into bangs again. Maybe someday I'll pick a style and stick with it. I am settled on my Ombre' locks. This time around the ends turned out much more blonde than I anticipated but I actually like how edgy it is. Change is good and I'm learning to embrace it.


Spring is upon us and with that change comes. I'm also looking forward to some much needed Spring cleaning. I want to purge and get rid of some unwanted items that The Mister and I have been holding onto. I'm going to be clearing out a lot of my older clothes and donating them to charity and Good Will. It will be nice to say goodbye to them as it was a time in my life that I associate with not so happy memories. Isn't weird how a piece of clothing or an old trinket can bring back or hold so many memories? I suppose my spring cleaning and purging of my old wardrobe is cathartic.


I did manage to already get rid of a lot of clothing already earlier this year but there were still some items that I had to keep because I could not yet fit into my small clothes. However, that is not the case anymore and it's time to let them go. I was talking with my BFF Christopher the other day about how the last three years of my life changed me and that in a way I was sad because I feel like it was all a bad dream... like I was watching it on TV or something. I told him that I wish I could get those three years of my life back and I think Chris said it best when he replied that I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't go through what I did. That I wouldn't be as strong of a person if I didn't experience so much pain. Chris was right... that the last three years I was a broken person but with that I learned so much about myself and continually pushed myself to be stronger and came out a better person because of it. 


So with those thoughts... I have decided to let the past go and not dwell or harp on it any longer. It is what it is and I suppose I'm glad I went through it all and came out on top. This will be my last post about it all. I'm ready to put it behind me and move on and look forward to the future and everything that it holds for me. I'm so excited for this Summer full of fun in the sun and to take on more challenges for my little crochet business. I'm also looking forward to having a few house guests visit me from Ohio! More on that later. I have so much to be thankful for and I can't wait to share it with you all. 

xoxo

Dress: Buffalo Exchange
Knee Socks: Target
Shoes: Macy's