Monday, August 6, 2012

My tiny little Cactus Greenhouse

I was on Pinterest and came across this Pin that was super cute in the Gardening section.... it was a tiny greenhouse with little baby cacti in it. I had just bought the same greenhouse from IKEA a few months earlier for Matt but we never did anything with it. We had sprouted dill in it but then planted the dill and left it empty all alone on the dry sink. Check out the picture that inspired us to create our own cactus greenhouse.


Ok, so their image is obviously taken by a way awesome photographer but you get the deal. We are eventually going to move ours outside on our screened in porch when it's finished but here she is! We ended up putting a bunch of succulents from the garden into the greenhouse as well to fill it up more. 


Matt loved the idea and the image on Pinerest when I showed him and was glad that we were finally going to utilize the greenhouse...plus any excuse he gets to go to The Great Outdoors is fine by him.


This is a Lamb Planter that I snagged from my Grandma Jane's house when she passed. It totally reminded me of the times Taryn and I spent over at Jane and Glen's house. We used to look at all their trinkets that they collected from their trips that they took around the world. 


Side view. Matt and I went to a Thrift Store to pick out the mugs that we were going to use to plant the cacti in. 


Looking down in.... the one that Matt chose almost too tall to fit in. It worked out alright in the end.


These little puffy Cigar looking guys had yellow flowers on the top.


Of course my babe would pick the sharp one.


This little cutie I selected... it's super soft and hairy. I love it!

So you've seen out little Cactus Greenhouse. I'll keep you updated on the growth on the lil' guys. Tell my what you think.

XOXO