Monday, August 20, 2012

Oh, hello Monday

So it's Monday and Taryn and Brian have left for Columbus, Ohio. We said our goodbyes and our schedules should be getting back to normal by nightfall. We had a lot of fun... there were some stressful "family moments" but you'll have that on vacations. All in all it was a very pleasant get together and I can't wait to see them again. Matt and I got to bond with Brian and welcome him more into our "crazy" family. I invited some dear friends over for a cookout Saturday night and for a chance to get to meet my sister and Brian. It was super fun. (Pictures soon to follow) Earlier that day we attempted to take Matt's Boss's boat out on Lake Austin for a little cruise. We weren't sure if the weather was going to hold out or not. I do believe there was a 30% chance of rain but it never rains in Austin. The weather man always says it will then it passes by... plus we just didn't want to sit around. So we took the chance. It took us awhile to pack and load and a "long while" for Matt and his Boss to prepair the boat. After we finally got in the water and were out on the Lake enjoying ourselves for a good 10 minutes it started to rain...then pour. We tried to wait it out. It stopped and started and looked sunny for a bit then poured again. After an hour or so we gave up and went to shore. As the boys did all the labor Taryn and I swung from a rope that was on the dock into the water (which was warmer than the rain) a few times for fun. Hell, why not? We were wet anyhow? Then we went home and prepped for the cookout. Mandy brought over a wine bag that she made in sewing class that she is taking at Stitch Lab. She also made a little makeup bag/jewelery bag for Taryn for her Birthday. How nice, Mandy is going to be getting very good here soon I just know it. You can track Mandy's improvement on Mandy's website Nestled in Nostalgia  Here's a little picture of here wine bag. The Fabric is soooo me. Mandy knows me so well.


Isn't it cute? I love it! It's all cute and stuff. 



The mustache is a wine marker. It's a cute little pack I got with Matt at this shop Emeralds in San Marcos with my good Friend Anna Hall. All different stashes. 


This is a 7 ball wine cork stop that Taryn got me as a gift when she got here. There is a family joke that goes far back that nobody else really finds humour in but us. Guess you would have had to have know our Grandpa. Anyhow, long story short. He thought we (as children) stole his 7 ball, and accused us of doing so. For years and years he wouldn't let this go.... even though he didn't play with his pool table, he had covered it up since then and stacked files on top of it. So when he died we were cleaning out the basement and moved a table and behold .....the missing 7 ball had been there the whole time. 


I just posted this because I think this was the first time Brian was introduced to Twang. He did like it.


I also wanted everyone to see the fake animal vomit I bought from Monkey see Monkey do to trick Matt into thinking Lucy barfed. It actually worked and Taryn and Brian were kinda in on it cause they knew I was going to do it. So when I came home from shopping with them Friday while Matt was at work I put it next to her food dish and told Matt that Lucy was acting weird, that she seemed kinda "barfy". He went over to where she was drinking water near her food dish and saw the fake vomit and went to go get a paper towel to pick it up and when he did he realised it was fake and we all laughed at him. It was good fun.

There are going to be several more posts about the visit here to come so hold tight.

XOXO