Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Friday! Road Trip........to Yoakum, Texas




What happens when you take two girls, throw them in a car packed full of clothes and shoes together for 4 hours? A whole lotta fun is what it is! Mandy Bustamante from Nestled in Nostalgia and I are taken a little trip to visit her Grandparents.Yoakum here we come! Okay, so it's not really a "road trip" but 4 hours is a long time to sit still.... for me at least. So I picked up a few things for us to keep us busy along the way. Mandy is driving so I'm going to have to entertain her (without making her drive off the road). We both have made killer road trip mixes.... I have some magazines so when I find a cool picture I can quickly show her, and when I come across and interesting blurb I can read it out loud. I also made it a point to pack healthy snacks for us such as: dried fruit and granola. Yum!

Our plans are to play dress up and take many many photos..... hence to car full of clothes and shoes. Gotta love playing dress up. It's been awhile since we have both posted fashion pictures on our blogs, it's just been too hot this summer to do anything. We also plan on doing some antique shopping while we are there. You know I love antique shopping. I'm hoping I come home with some treasures! I also want to scout out some cute little diners to eat at. I love "little town" diners.

Lastly, we plan on crafting. I know, I know..... we are dorks. It's really fun to get in your jammers, have a nice bottle of wine and cozy up on the couch with a good movie and crochet. Mandy is learning to sew now so we both have something to do. I've never been one for the "night life".... so this is right up my alley. It also gives us time for girl chat as well. So it should be a nice weekend getaway and I'm hoping it won't be too hot for us. I plan on coming home with tons of pictures for many future posts.

                                                                           XOXO