Friday, November 16, 2012

Modcloth Fall Wish List

With the weather finally getting colder in Austin I feel myself getting more and more excited about wearing fall clothing. This weekend my good friend Jennifer Osbeck and her Mister Jon Osbeck came into town for a visit. Of course they wanted to explore Austin and it's famous tourist attraction... Congress Ave. Congress is lined up with eclectic boutiques full of lovely clothes and accessories. We got to walk up and down and even have a few signature margarita's at Guerro's. I love to people watch and check out what they are wearing. It made me wish that I had a closet full of new Fall clothing. Jon was really sweet and tagged along as Jennifer and I went to two of our favorite boutiques.... Strut and So La. I was so tempted to buy everything. I ended up with a 20 dollar black skirt that was much needed. I was proud of myself for not giving into temptation.... it's so easy to do. I had so much fun hanging out with Jon and Jen and Matt. Poor Matt was stuck at work for half the day while we were wandering around, but get to meet up with us at Guerro's.

With thoughts of pretty fall clothes all a whirl in my mind.. I jumped onto Modcloth and checked out there new Fall Finds. I picked out my favorites to create a wish list. Here's a peek at what I threw together.

Outfit #1





I'm in love with Fall colors... that's why I chose this dress. The cut would flatter my figure perfectly. It's easy for me know to spot a dress that I know would look lovely on my frame. This one would drape very nicely on me. I'm 5'2' so it's hard for me to wear a maxi dress. I like mini's and then add a wedge to give myself more height and make my legs appear longer. I'm really into tights and the floral pattern gives to outfit an extra edge. I like to punch it up with a little color.

Outfit #2






This outfit I would wear to work paired with a black cardi to match the black wedges which I'm dying for! I don't like my arms so I usually wear something over sleeveless dresses and tops. I have a pair of mustard yellow tights and need a new pair because I'm about due for a replacement. I love how fun the Kitty ring is... I like interesting pieces that people wouldn't normally wear.

Outfit #3





This stripped dress is super cute and could be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. I see myself wearing it to work paired with a cardi or jean jacket.... but also dressed up with the Peter Pan collar and some heals. I also love to miss match my stockings with my outfit. I don't like to be too matchy matchy. Throw in some added contrasting colors with the purse and belt and Voila!

Outfit # 4

This outfit is my casual, easy going weekend outfit. Again the colors are mismatched. Teal and rust pair well with each other. I can see myself running errands in this and meeting up with my girlfriends for a lunch date. I usually wear flats but with skinny jeans I would wear a heal so I don't appear so squat. I love this teal scarf... I may make one for myself!




Outfit #5

Lemon Lime! Great color for me with my reddish hair. Just add a Peter Pan collar for some extra detail and a simple little brown heal with funky stud earrings. Work and play outfit. I usually am always wearing dresses.... they are just so simple to pick out and throw on. I actually find them more comfortable than jeans. Oh and I'm obsessed and must by these freaking collars! I'm also trying to wear more accessories.






It was great seeing old friends and with the weather getting crisp I am growing nostalgic. I miss Autumn in the Midwest. The trees changing colors and Football weather. It's so hard for me to not want to buy everything.... especially this time of year. I see so many cute and wonderful items for this Fall! It's my favorite time for Cinnamon spiced hot rum drinks and smores by the fire pit.... and getting ready for Thanksgiving! It's all so wonderful. I hope you are as excited about this Fall as much as I am. Feel free to comment. It's getting lonely around here.

xoxo