Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Dinkster

Clothes Inspired by the movie "Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael".

I can't tell you how many times I watched this movie as a teenager. I wanted so bad to be Dinky Bossetti.... a young girl from a small town struggling to find her place in the world. Nothing like teenage angst. What can I say? I'm a sucker for good coming of age story. Check out the Storyline:
Although Roxy left town more than fifteen years ago, her memory has never faded. Her expected return starts to impact a number of lives, including that of her former partner Denton Webb. But it is Dinky, the adopted daughter of the Bossettis and ignored by most of her classmates as a strange loner, who may be most changed. She is convinced she is Roxie's secret child.




 From a deep, immaculate kiss she spread her two ripe, dripping limbs and then I happened.
And the moon throbbed and fought with an angry sun all that day and all that night. Until it forced me out.
Now I scald here... alone. Touch me. With your white words and your dead hands. Now before I freeze.
And become one of you.
-Dinky



 It's good to want things...
-Dinky



I had the biggest crush on Gerald Howells played by Thomas Wilson Brown who also played Russell Thompson Jr "Russ" on "Honey I shrunk The Kids".  Major crush! I would rewind the movie over and over again to re-play the part when Russ tries to kiss Dinky. Mmmmm, yes I did.






Awwww, an ice cream picnic!

.


I knew there was a connection.... coming from Ohio, Dinky is a midwest girl like myself.
In the film, the town is called Clyde, Ohio, a real town in Ohio, where parts of it were filmed. Some filming was done in Sandusky, Ohio, on the shore of Lake Erie.













Oh Dinky..... sigh


Remember in the early 90's when all the girls used to own a pair of Dr Martens?




This concludes my fabulous post about clothes inspired by the movie "Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael".
The Dinkmeister has done it again!

Cheers lovies!

xoxo