Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A visit to San Marcos

I recently visited my long time good friend Anna. She moved down to Texas about a year after me and the Mister made the move and is now engaged to her Mister Tellis. They moved to San Antonio and Anna has recently accepted a Flight Attendant position with Southwest Airlines. It's totally up her alley because she loves to travel. So Anna and I spend our Saturday morning shopping at Strut.....
(one of my favorite local stores) and a new found toy store. It was a pretty good day. Hot, but good.


So this is the Strut in San Marcos... which I've never been in before but I'm assuming they have the same items that the other Strut has in Austin. I am loving this teal, lace dress.


I'm addicted to pretty, short dresses. I'm a short girl so short dresses fit me nicely... they actually hit me right above the knee so they really aren't "short". Lol I should have bought this dress. I'm working on building the muscle back up in my arms so hopefully by this summer I will feel confident enough to wear tanks and sleeveless tops.


I'm really into "flowey" blouses right now. I love how light they are in the summer and then you can always layer them in the fall and winter.


I seriously love this blouse but again I'm not confident enough to show off my arms yet. I'm really self conscious of my body right now.


Here's Anna. She was on a mission to buy black pants to dress up  for a night out and dress business casual for her new job training.


I'm over the big sunglasses look and into small cat eyed ones. The black style towards the top middle are super cute.


Belts belt.... glorious belts.


Talk about "statement jewelry".


This one would be cute tucked under a silky collared blouse.


I love cuff bracelets but they don't look good on me. I have short thick fore arms and they just look silly.


Here we are at the toy store. I really wish I knew the name of the store but it was just random that we found it and popped in. Look at these cute pin cushions.


I love these "nifty notes". I wanted to buy the "Excuses and Lies" book. Check out the other titles.


I love "gag gifts". These "Grow your own" toys are so funny. I love the grow your own gnome.


I love these large Mexican Bingo Prints. I have a set at home that I have out on display but an enlarged version would be nice to bring some color to our house.


I love these goofy "Kat's". They are really "piggy banks". I 'm not a fan of real cats but the black one is always welcome in my house.


Need a little Budda in your life? These would be super fun on top of my dresser drawer.


There was so much to look at there. Bright colors and fun, loud bobbles.




Lucky Cat.


I love having random things in my kitchen and cute platters to serve food off of.


Love these for Nick knacks.


Buddhist Prayer Flags.


These are so cool. I really want to get a bunch of these for Matt and our backyard.


Hello Kitty Crazeballs!!!


Remember these? Monchhichi.


Matt loves kites! There were soooo many! He could go crazy in this store.


Plastic toys hanging from the ceiling.


This is 2nd best to the Ryan Gosling collaring book.


Shells everywhere.


I love silly gag gifts!


Poop and doo doo toys.


They even sold vintage toys like this and old school robots and whined up toys.



Rice paper lamps.... these would look so good in our backyard for a party.


Anna's new obsession is Owls. This Owl puppet was hard core. It moved it's head and blinked it's eyes and then I decided I don't like puppets because they are freaky.


They had a whole section dedicated to cute Japanese toys and bags.

That about wraps it up for my day visit to San Marcos with Anna. I had fun and will miss her during her 6 week training. I need to drag Matt there to see the toy store and just have a fun day outside of Austin. I also can't wait till it gets hot again and we can go tubing!

xoxo