Saturday, February 9, 2013

valentine's day garland and plushie hearts!

Hey all you crafty hookers! I have a wonderful Valentine's Day Garland DIY today! I found this pattern designed by Sarah Anderson on The Saturday Evening Post and just fell in love with this cute and fun Garland. It's pretty easy for beginners and a great gift for V Day. Sarah has an awesome website Sarahndipities! You should check it out right away..... it's a REALLY good site!


So here it is the finished product and here is my cute little neighbor Olivia. She just got back from Ballet class and wanted to help me model the pattern.


I also threw in some heart Amigurumi  plushies that are cute gifts as well. These are also really easy. I made up my own pattern but you can download this free pattern at Fresh Stitches. Fresh Stitches is a totally cool website created by Stacy.... to learn more about Stacy check out her about me page here.


I ended up giving the Heart Garland to my dear friend Mandy Bustamante of Nestled in Nostalgia. It's hanging on our cubicle that we share at work. We are cubicle buddies.


Here is a close up of the Amigurumi hearts. Amigurumi is the Japanese word for meaning a crochet or knitted, stuffed toy. 


Here's sweet, little Olivia holding the tiniest blue heart. I hope you guys enjoyed this post. I'm trying to put more crochet projects into DIY's. I want to try to show more of what I actually love doing. Crocheting is a passion that has turned into a side business for me. I actually do pretty well I suppose. To see more of my little designs you can check out my website on Big Cartel. I would love to hear back from other hookers about their patterns and recent crochet ventures.
xo