Monday, May 27, 2013

Fist full of wild flowers

Hello lovies! I'm so excited about this daily wear post. The reason for the excitement is that I'm so in love with these images. I know that may sound vain but it's not..... I rarely like pictures of myself. Pretty dumb to have a fashion blog then eh? Well, I'm working on being a more positive person... in the meantime I'm going to enjoy the moment. 
I found this lovely little frock at the thrift store that I frequent. I was afraid that it wasn't going to fit at first but it was my lucky day. It was brand new from Forever 21 with the tags still attached! It was a great day at the thrift store, I scored big time.
I love the view from our backyard... I'm forever using the wild flowers as my back drop.... I just adore wildflowers and there are so many blooming all over Austin right now. The caterpillars are starting to form their chrysalises. You can find them all over our backyard in the most random places. Soon the will hatch from their cocoons and there will be beautiful butterflies all over our property. It's a glorious time of year.
I recently just found these old sunnies.... I had misplaced them for quite awhile and was so happy when I found them. They are my huge, 70's style sun glasses that I had purchased at Target ages ago. 
This belt is thrifted as well. I actually don't recall where I got it from.... I know it was when I was living in Ohio. I haven't really worn it other for than photo shoots but I rather like it and think I might keep it handy for special occasions. The necklace is made by my dear friend Brigitte Cordova of A hundred cups of tea and a cup cake. You must check out her blog and her boutique.
These boots are thrifted as well. I love them and have worn the life out of em, got them resoled and still won't give them up. They are scuffed and broke down just they way I like them. 
The Mister did such a good job taking these photo's.... he always helps me pose and is really helpful with telling me what to do. He makes me feel so comfortable and always makes me smile. 
 
I've been having so much fun styling new and used clothing from my wardrobe. I've been mixing and matching pieces that I didn't think would normally go together and creating whole new looks for outfits. I can't wait to share them with you. There is other exciting news as well.... our garden is growing so fast! We are already getting more green beans than we can handle. Our tomatoes are slowly growing but my herb garden is blowin' up! The chicken's are flying around like crazy birds. We also have two baby finches that were born 2 weeks ago that have tripled in size and have now opened their eyes for the first time the other day. They are so loud when they chirp. We seriously have a little farm at the Hart Ranch. Lol.
Hope everything is having a great weekend.
xoxo

Dress: Thrifted Forever 21
Belt: Thrifted
Boots: Thrifted
Sunnies: Target
Necklace: OMG Boutique
Bracelet: Claire's

Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 7.10.22 PM