Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lucky girl on a cloudy day.....

Happy Thursday! The work week is almost over and I am so looking forward to the weekend! I love my weekends, they are so dear to me. It's my time to spend with Lucy and the Mister, to be creative and tend to our garden. I love to be out doors with the chickens and Lucy and have the sun warming me.
 This last Sunday the Mister and I got to hang out with our friends and neighbor's Elizabeth and Jason. We watched Arrested Development on Netflix and drank and ate great food. I'm sad that they are moving to Seattle (Jason was offered a job with Microsoft) but so excited for them and the fact that they are moving to such an awesome city! Our old dear friends Trish and Chris Olives were there as well, it was really great to re-connect with them. It's been way too long. 
I've been crocheting like a mad woman to get a full stock made and ready to go for First Thursday and Parts & Labour. I'm also working on some new patterns created by yours truly that I'm really proud of. There is a big Craft Riot show in August and I want to have everything all set when the time comes. This last Sunday I stained a bunch of plaques for the animal heads and my nails are a wreck! I also managed to strain my left thumb because of all the crazy crocheting. 
It's been raining cats and dogs for the past two days.... you don't here me complaining though. Austin needs all the rain it can get, plus I don't have to water our garden! This day was partly cloudy and sunny and super windy! I was having issues with the wind blowing my hair (bangs) in the opposite direction that it was parted on .... which made for a difficult photo shoot. I could only pose facing one direction! Ha.... my hair kinda looks like the Donald's comb over. I've been trying to grow out my bangs (which explains the awkward length) for a few months now but really, really want to cut them so badly! I may have bangs in my next post. We will see how long I can stand it. What do your guys think? Should I let them grow or cut them?
This is the last patch of wild flowers that The Mister and I could find in our neighborhood....soon the grass will be dead and brown from the summer heat. I am making sure to enjoy the flowers while they last. Hopefully all this rain will help them out. 
I'm wearing my lucky wishbone necklace that the Mister bought me several Christmas's ago. He bought it at this little boutique in Pflugerville, Texas that I used to sell some of my plushie toys to. They had the most unique jewelry there. He is so good at picking out clothes/accessories for me. It's a gift that most men don't posses. Ha.
 
I ended up shoving these little wishbone studs into my ears so that they would match the necklace. I regretted it later.... my ears are super sensitive and I really haven't been able to wear anything in them for the last few years without them getting all itchy, believe me I've tried everything. Oh well, I got to show them off once. Le sigh.......I just love my new round sunnies that I bought at Target. 
I hope everyone has fun plans for this weekend. I'm going to be a busy bee with all the projects going on. I'm going to be trying out some fun DIY's and if they turn out well I will be posting them! I also will be updating everyone on our awesome garden and sharing with you all my newest  crochet creations. There will be a fun giveaway thrown into the mix too. Busy busy! What are your plans for this weekend?

Shorties: Thrifted
Boots: Thrifted
Top: Target
Sunnies: Target
Necklace: Oh La la
Earrings: Claire's

xoxo

newttbanner