Thursday, May 2, 2013

Barton Creek Farmer's Market

Wow! I'm so late on this post..... The Mister and I actually went to The Farmer's Market mid April. It was our first farmer's market of 2013. I always like to shop at markets instead of big chains for obvious reasons. I love supporting local stores and it's much tastier! We actually weren't planning on hitting up Barton Creek market but accidentally found it instead. Silly me.... I had forgotten all about this market place.




We ended up buying shiitake mushrooms...we are BIG mushroom fans. Some people really hate them. I think you either hate em or love em.






This is a little sampler of goat milk soap that we bought. They all smell so good. We put a few in the downstairs bathroom and some in the guest bathroom and it makes the whole room smell fresh!




I love how vibrant and fresh all these veggies are! I can't believe how many colors carrots and beets come in. I forgot how much more potent home grown veggies are compared to store bought. You really can tell a huge difference.






There was really a big selection at this market....they had a little bit of everything.



It was a fun filled weekend. We bought some home made wraps from a booth and decided to take a blanket and have a picnic in Zilker Park.... it was a perfect Saturday. I can't wait to go to the Farmer's Market in downtown Austin this summer as well. That was is always fun. I hope everyone is having a great Spring like I am. What has everyone else been doing lately?

xoxo