Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Antique shopping in Brenham

Last weekend The Mister and I took a day trip to Brenham, Texas. I had seen my good friend Mandy's pictures from the Antique Rose Emporium and had to see it for myself. The drive was beautiful.... the side of the highway was lined with all sorts of wild flowers. Brenham is a little town in Texas so not much was open on the Sunday when we went there..... it was still fun to see the old brick buildings and we did get to check out a few antique stores after all.


There was the straingest Santa Clause collection. Can we say freaky?


I love all the old hand blown pieces.


Tons of trinkets and bobbles.


Love this little purple deer....


Wanted: Cute Suzy Homemaker Aprons!!!


These boots were too cool! I'm loving this App by A Beautiful Mess! There are so many neat doodles and boarders you can use.


Diggin' the tea cup set on the bottom right hand side... very cute!


More Aprons!


Take a closer look.... if you dare!


I just adore this little vanity set. I always wanted something like this, guess it's just the girl in me.


I totally have a white lamb planter just like the pink one in back.


I'm not quite sure how I feel about these pictures of me. I bought this dress and Old Navy and thought it looked really good in it when I bought it but then I saw these pictures and it didn't seem too flattering of me. I'm still doing boot camp but I'm also still very self conscious as well. I don't know what to do with my hair sometimes either because I cut it and now it's mid length.... I'm just so confused.


Look at all these cool doors for sale! I simply love the green one..... the wood work is so intricate. I originally wanted to wear black wedges with this outfit to "elongate" my legs but I knew I was going to be doing a lot of walking and had to be realistic. I love these shoes that I got from Strut in San Marcos with my good friend Anna.


 This picture isn't too bad I guess. Just the day before I had run into a big Pampas Grass Plant that we have in our front yard and cut my ankle on the grass. The leaves are very sharp and can slice your skin open! Yikes.





I go nuts over these little china figurens.




Check out this cat. Weird right? Kinda like it.


Wanty.


This was the coolest room..... full of cameras and photographs.


I have a huge collection of my own at home.... so I'm always on the lookout for something that catches my eye. I love these crazy, outdated Photography books.


Look how sweet this land camera is on the right hand side!!! Check out the bellows.



There is still more to post about in Brenham. I have yet to show you The Antique Rose Emporium. I hope you've enjoyed my little day trip post. I do love to get out with The Mister and travel a bit. I also just took a trip to Mustang Island again so I'm really excited to share that with you all as well. I hope everyone is having a great Spring! I may be doing a give away soon so keep an eye out for the post. If your interested in the giveaway you can check out my link for my Crochet Animal Heads on Big Cartel. I will be giving away a mounted animal heads to one lucky winner!

xoxo