Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Antique Rose Emporium

This is the beautiful Brenham, Texas. Matt and I as you may know took a little joyride to The Antique Rose Emporium. After seeing my good friend Mandy's photographs I decided that I had to go there and see it for myself. We drove out a little over two weeks ago (my how time does fly) and spent the day window shopping at antique stores. We stopped to grab a bite to eat and then took off again to our final destination of the day.


We weren't sure if it was open or not...the website eluded to the fact that it may be closed on Sunday's. We took a chance a drove out there and were pleasantly surprised that it was indeed open for business.


The scenery was just breath taking...like you were walking through a Monet painting. Roses as far as the eye can see.....I was truly amazed. 


It was like heaven walking through rows and rows of flowers. They had tiny little cottages throughout the property, a gift shop and a church with gazebo. It would be the perfect place to have a wedding. Truly magical.


It's funny...there were so many variety of roses but my favorite flowers are the little tiny orange wildflowers. 


These are huge iron structures for the rose bushes to grow on. Soon they will be think and full of roses and will provide shade for the benches below. It was a very hot day.


This is a house that I assume the guests stay in when they are having an event. It was the cutest, perfect little house that I would love to live in.


Here is the walkway leading from the gazebo to the house. Enchanting isn't it? 


These little guys were everywhere. Perfect place to live if I were a little Gecko.


This was the most precious little children's garden straight out of a fairy tail. 



Yet another little lizard. I love spotting lizards....I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's because I'm from Ohio and I'm still amazed by the sight of them.


Look at these lovelies. I would love to go back to Brenham in the near future but am excited to explore uncharted territory. Maybe it's just the explorer in me. Hope you all enjoyed these magical pictures....sadly it was so hot my makeup melted and I looked like something the cat dragged in and I didn't want to subject you to seeing photograph's of me looking all a mess. Till our next adventure!!

xoxo