Monday, May 13, 2013

Soul searching in festival clothing

Wow! I've been MIA lately..... what I've been doing is concentrating on crocheting for some upcoming local shows here in Austin. I've been working on getting my stock built up again from previous shows. It's going pretty well so far! I'm also trying to think of other ways to display my mounted animal heads so that I can utilize as much space as possible within my 10x10 booth. I would really love to set up folding doors on hinges and put nails in various places with some random little shelves to put and or hang the animal mounts from. The only issue I have with that is that it has to be light enough for me to load and fit in my small Volkswagen. The next show starts in mid August.......so I have some time to plan it all out. I actually have a bunch to post about lately, I just haven't had the time to actually sit down at the computer and work out what I want to say. Matt and I just got back from Mustang Island this Sunday and before that we had taken a trip to Brenham, Texas and visited The Antique Rose Emporium. There are a lot of images to go through to edit and post about. I'm so excited! There is more good news as well....I'm actually nervous to talk about it because I do I feel like it may not come true. I've decided that I want to go back to school for a 2 year program specializing in radiology. I've been really unhappy with my job that I've had for almost 5 years now. It's the job that I thought would be a "stepping stone" for me....that is until I found another job that I was satisfied with and was happy with. I ended up staying here longer than I ever anticipated because the pay and the benefits were good and I just couldn't seem to find another position that offered the same amount of pay and decent benefits that was full time. There are still some loose ends that I need to tie up before I leave but I talked it over with Matt and we are shooting for this Fall. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!


It seems like I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately. The last 5 years have flown by in a blink of an eye. Moving to Austin was the biggest decision of my life (of our lives). Now I'm deciding to take another huge leap.... luckily Matt has been there for me through it all and will be there to help me through the next stage in my life.


A lot of things have changed over the years. There have certainly been some difficult times recently but through it all it has made me realize that life is too short to waste being unhappy. I don't what any regrets...I want to reach for my dreams and really make a difference in the short time that I am here.  


In other news..... The chicken's are growing up super fast! They are almost ready to go outside in their wonderful chicken coop that Matt has designed and built all by himself. I'm a little worried Momma though and will be concerned about them adapting to the great outdoors. They should be fine though. Boot camp has been kicking our asses! I have a love/hate relationship with the program. I hate getting ready to go but while I'm huffin' and puffin' I'm glad that I'm doing good for my body. I'm seeing some results as well. Although I haven't lost too much weight ...my body is slowly changing. I'm more stronger than I have ever been before and have a lot more stamina! Yipppeeee!


These pictures were taken just behind our house. The app is Afterlight. I love the different options for boarders and the different effects. I used the "instant film" boarder with the original filter "crest" to give the images a nice overall warm tone. I can't wait for A Beautiful Mess App to be released! It looks like it's going to be a good one. I also like the Wood Camera App.... I highly recommend it.


The outfit was inspired by "festival clothing". I love to wear my boots! Always and forever a boot girl at heart. I wear cut offs every now and then... and this white flowey top is just my style. I'm still not fully ready to go bare armed yet. I'm working out on my arms but I'm not quite there yet. There are a lot of exciting things a brewing over here and I can't wait to share more with you all!

Sweater: Francesca's
Cut offs: Jc Penny
Leg warmer's: SoLa
Boots: Thrifted
White top: XXI
Necklace: Gift from Matt
Ring: Francesca's