Friday, May 17, 2013

Pinterest lately.....

Happy Friday everyone! I'm so excited for this weekend..... our plan is to not make any plans at all. That's the best! We are however having a cook out with the family on Sunday though. I haven't seen my bro and sister in law and my little nephews in quite awhile. I'm sure those little guys have changed a lot.... every time I see them they have grown. It should be fun and hot!!!

Yesterday it got into the 90's and the heat index was 105 due to the humidity! That's crazy.... the dog days of summer are just around the corner. I forgot how hard it is to take "outfit pictures" in the Texas heat and not look like a hawt mess! I am getting very inspired by festival clothing and bohemian, flowey tops and dresses. I love the look of these white lace and crochet shirts.... very romantic and great for those hot days ahead.

I'm also getting more into pastels and girly girl looks. I've always loved bows and floral prints but now I'm actually buying more to incorporate into my wardrobe. I want to be more daring and take more risks. Hopefully in the near future I can wear a little crop top like this pink one above. At this point I'm uncomfortable even baring my arms. 

I'm also on the lookout for classic pieces that are timeless. You can always mix and match button downs with a splash of color or and edgy necklace. I adore these camel colored heals and purse shown above. Since I've cut my hair I've been trying to experiment and find different ways to wear it. I love how
  Keiko Lynn has been wearing her short cut real messy. I've got my sea salt spray and have been playing around with the tousled, wavy look and the outcome = romantic bed hair!
Gah! I love this denim, hat wearing girl! I've got quite the collection of hats of my own going on right now. Every time I go to the thrift store I keep my eyes peeled in hopes that I find the perfect floppy hat. There is always room for more hats. I'm very excited to say that I recently purchased some new round sunnies like the ones above. I've always wanted some and could never find any... until yesterday I came across the perfect pair at Target. My life is complete now. Ha! So those tan booties are pretty cute as well. I really want a flat pair or a little heal wouldn't be too bad, I just have issues with walking in heals. I'm all about comfort now.
I've always been attracted to the romantic vibe.... lace, pearls, flowers etc. You get the picture right? I'm going to be wearing more floral crowns this summer with my new tousled hair. I also predict more white cotton dresses are in my future.
I'm drooling over these simple yet chic geometric planters. Wanty! I'm always finding the most interesting dishware and tea cups at thrift stores. I bring them home and the Mister makes the most fabulous tea cup candles. They are so adorable and all my friends love them! They make great gifts as well. The other images are just wonderful spaces and places that I would love and enjoy.
So recently I've been watching "Best Ink" and have became addicted. I watched  the marathon and couldn't take my eyes off the TV. Ha! So as you all may know I have some tattoo's of my own. If you haven't seen them yet you can take a gander on this post here. I got these little birdies with my sister in Ohio. It our little reminder of each other and our history growing up together. I also have a little mustache on my right index finger for giggles. I love the color in these tattoos! I want to get another one in the future but don't know where on my body or what it should be. These are my inspiration. 

So things are going great in my little corner of the world right now. Our garden is growing well and my little herb garden is no longer little. I have so much herb's that I don't know what to do with them all! The chicks are halfway to full grown and are ready to go outside in the coop. The Mister will work on the finishing touches this weekend and I'll take some photos to share with you all. First Thursday is coming up here shortly and I hope that my mounted animal heads sell well. I've been working so hard on them. I've even come up with a few new patterns! My schedule at work is about to change as well and I will have to adjust to once again working mid shift. Ugh! Hopefully that will push me harder into getting everything in order so I can leave and start school again. I really hate changing my whole schedule around....it effects my sleeping pattern, when I eat, and my work out schedule. I have been enjoying going with Matt to boot camp and now I will have to do it in the mornings by myself. Oh well......sigh. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

xoxo