Friday, June 21, 2013

Casual Friday.

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have awesome plans for this weekend. I know I do! I'm still healing up from a minor surgery that I had this last Friday but I'm feeling good enough to have some fun in the sun. We have some relatives that we hardly get to see coming into town this weekend so we are going to have a good time showing them around Austin. The Mister and I are also really excited to show them our home which we have been working really hard on to fix up and make our own. 
My bestie Christopher Marshall took these photos for me at work. It was really hard to find a decent spot because there are commercial building's as far as the eye can see.... but we managed to find a patch of grass that wasn't too shabby. It was hot.... I mean really hot when we took these photos. It was torture for us both but I'm glad Christopher decided to help me out. 
I love this top that I got at XXI awhile back. It's flowy and airy, perfect for summer. The little arrow design is super cute too. I got this ring there as well. It's a knuckle ring with a floral design and little faux gems for the flower buds. I really only wear it when I go out because it gets caught on just about everything. Lol. This nail color is my new favorite shade by Essie called "play date."

Oh! I'm really excited about these geometric, stack-able rings that I got at XXI! They are so delicate and simple. I usually wear them all together on one finger but it would be adorable to wear them on separate fingers as well. 
 
I was taking a time out when Christopher snapped this one. I was trying to fan myself with my little mint clutch. It really wasn't working out that well. I am in love with these sunnies all over again. I had lost these guys for awhile and found them while I was cleaning. I seriously wish that I had bought two pair while I had the chance. Does anyone else do that? You find something that is totally awesome and fits you so well that you buy two just in case?

Me trying to play it cool in the summer heat.

These pictures Christopher snapped with his camera phone and I actually really like. I was walking backwards trying to talk to him and I thought he was trying to film me but instead he was taking stills of me. It's so funny yet to see pictures of yourself "in action." In some way's it gives you a glimpse into how other people see you. It's one thing to look in the mirror but another to see yourself running through fields or in mid conversation with someone else in a photo. It's the "real you." Does that make sense? 


I love these new skinnies I got from XXI. They fit perfectly. It's really hard for me to find the right fit and length. It's tough for us shorties. Well guys, I'm off the start my fun filled weekend and will be sure to post about it come next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Top: XXI
Skinnies: XXI
Rings: XXI
Sunnies: Target
Mint clutch: Target
Shoes: Anthropologie

xoxo