Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Prim and Proper

Hello there! Is it only Tuesday? I want this week to be over with pronto. My work weeks have become torture with my new schedule 11am-8pm. I feel like I have no time to spend with The Mister or play outside in our garden with the chickens and Lucy. There's not nearly enough time in the morning for projects and when I come home I'm tired and want to go to bed. What's a girl to do? I hear when life gives you lemons you should make lemonade.... so I'm putting my nose to the grindstone and am going to really focus on my little crochet business and try hard to "get out there." I've applied for a winter show and have an up coming show here in August that I'm preparing for. I also am trying to open doors in other areas, like selling in more shops and boutiques around Austin. Someday I hope to make this small business a full time gig. 

For right now I live for the weekends.... this weekend we have some family coming into town to visit so that should be fun. I also want to try to get some projects done that I have started and set aside. I always seem to have at least 5 or more projects going on at once and can never seem to finish any of them. Is anyone else like this or is it just me?


Let's talk about this awesome dress I found at a local thrift store.... I've been on a roll lately with finding interesting and affordable clothing while thrifting. It's a gift... what can I say. I bought this little frock brand new from XXI for around 6$ or so. It fits perfectly and I'm loving the cream colored lace for this spring. I usually wear more color but I thought this would be a nice change for the norm. 


There are usually more fields of wild flowers around our hood to take pictures in but it's been super dry lately that everything has started to shrivel up and die. It's seriously hot in Austin right now... almost unbearable. I dare say, it's hard to look pretty while you are standing out in the heat getting your picture taken.


I love that my little birdies are visible in these images. I forget that they are even there some days but love to show them off when I can. My sister Taryn has the same tattoo on her opposite arm.... it was a bonding experience for us both.


I get asked about them from time to time..... I think people don't expect a prim and proper girl to have tattoo's. I guess I'm not that prim or proper.


This was my first attempt of an up do since I chopped all nine inches of my hair off. It took a lot of hair spray. It worked out well don't you think?


I adore these little bow earrings that The Mister bought me from Francesca's. They are the only earrings that don't bother my ears. I love how delicate they look and I'm a big fan of bows!


The sunnies I bought from Target ages ago. They pretty much go with everything I own.


So does anyone have awesome plans for the weekend? I will be documenting all my successful projects in order to make a fabulous post. Hope everyone will join me back here soon!

Dress: Thrifted XXI
Cardigan: Target
Shoes: Macy's
Sunnies: Target
Earrings: Francesca'

  Thrifters Anonymous
abcde
                                                     Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 7.10.22 PM"