Saturday, June 8, 2013

crocheting lately......

Happy Saturday! I wanted to share a little bit about what I've been working on lately. As some of you may already know I own my own little side business also called Nothing but a Pigeon selling crochet animal heads and other fun things. I've been crocheting and selling my pieces for a little over four years now. What started as a hobby soon turned into a money making business but it's always stayed my true passion. I started to go main stream selling my work in a well known Austin boutique Parts & Labour over a year ago now it's going great! I'm actually getting recognized and praised by people around town. Sometimes I like to toot my own horn, just cause it truly took some hard work and a whole lotta patience..... it sure didn't come easy. It's just really awesome and very flattering to have people stop you and tell you how much fun and cool they think your work is. It actually brings smiles to people's faces and that is what I love!! So as you may know this last Thursday was my official last First Thursday that I will be attending. I wanted to go out with a bang but unfortunately First Thursday hasn't been all that great these last couple of months and my schedule at my full time job has changed making it impossible to participate in the event. In the end financially it was making sense and so I must pack up my tent and find other endeavors.... which isn't so bad. I will miss talking to people and meeting other new and interesting  businesses, but I am still going to be participating in trade shows and possibly may be opening doors in other new fabulous places. I'm open to new opportunities and adventures. For now I will continue to sell at Parts & Labour and will also be participating in my first Craft Riot show this August. I am also going to be showing my handy work at The Blue Genie Art Bazaar again this winter if everything works out right. Coming up here in the near future I hope to have a give away with one of my little creatures. Would everyone like that? I hope everyone is having an excellent weekend! I'm off to celebrate a dear friends birthday tonight. 

xoxo