Monday, June 3, 2013

hello spring!!

  This weekend was a blast. I was really productive and finished a lot of projects that I had planned. I ended up taking Friday off to spend with my dear friend Mandy of Nestled in Nostalgia. Mandy has accepted a new job and Thursday was her last day with us at work. I had been feeling a little worn out and run down so I decided what the heck..... let's just make it a craft day. Mandy and I ended up spending the day creating some awesome projects. I had a boot DIY that I've been wanting to try out for some time now. It turned out pretty swell and wasn't to hard. 


The Mister took these pictures for me as always. He is so sweet. I love all the wild sunflowers that are growing right now. We have a bunch in our backyard as well. Last year we had native parakeets visit us and hang around all summer for our sunflower seeds. We are hoping that they will join us again this year. It's so amazing when I think about living in a wonderful city like Austin and getting to see palm trees and parakeets flying around our neighborhood everyday.... I truly feel like I'm on vacation everyday.


I'm loving this new App by A Beautiful Mess! It's so much fun to play around with and experiment with. Have you guys tried it yet? They have filters, doodles, boarders and much much more. 


In more recent news I was flattered to find out the Bre of Peacoats and Plaid had quoted me for her one of her fabulous link ups! Gah! How exciting!


"I'm so excited I found your blog and this wonderful link up! I have met so many new people and found so many wonderful blogs this way. This is a great idea and I'm glad to be a part of it!"
xo


I'm so glad to be a part of these link ups.... they really do help you to meet new people and to get your blog "out there." I have meet so many wonderful people and received so many nice compliments about my posts. 


So this is the Boho boot DIY that I've been dying to try. I think they came out alright. Really all you do is take a pair of old or worn out boots and cut the back of them half way down so that they can be flipped down and them hot glue a fabric of your choice around them and then add lace and trim of your liking. It's quite simple. What do you guys think?  There are some other DIY's that I tried out this past weekend that I will be sharing with you in the near future as well. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
xo


Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 7.10.22 PM"
 
                                                                 WatchOutForTheWoestmans
Sunday Style Link Up with Eryka and Dani